Maserati Forum banner

RH bank secondary AIR system P0491

1K views 17 replies 3 participants last post by  Billydv 
#1 ·
No idea what this is

See less See more
#5 ·
Well, I know that the air pump runs. Vacuum lines are intact. If it comes back I'll pull the valve on the passenger side bank and test it on the bench, maybe it's sticking sometimes. Not sure anything fixable with those, May just need to replace that valve.

Unless there's something else to this?
Anything else that could set that code?

#12 ·
Well, from what I can see these are specific to Maserati and Ferrari. Dealer said Friday, Eurospares or Scuderia would have been at least 3 days. AW Italian In New Jersey had it, same price as dealer and in stock. For folks in the NY or NJ area this is a great little place for Maserati stuff

#16 ·
Not the same, vacuum port is not in the same spot. It may physically fit and with a longer vacuum line maybe. It's very close though. That's what I found with other valves, mighty similar but I didn't see any exactly the same. That's why I drove 3.5 hours back and forth today to get this one. I'm leaving for Florida tonight and didn't want to leave my wife with only her Benz. The other day the 40 amp fuse for the air suspension blew on her car, I don't need her calling me because she doesn't have a backup car lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.