Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now had my Formula Dynamics Big Brake Kit on for almost a year and recently added the race pads for 2 days at Pocono Raceway. I have put the brakes through a lot of different situations and feel they are a tremendous improvement over stock. My impressions:
Big Brake kit is a must if you are putting your car on track and want to drive aggressively. The stopping power is impressive. The carbon kevlar pads are a good everyday performance pad but the race pads really do the trick if you are tracking the car. I have R compound tires on the car and the grip, along with the larger brakes really stops beautifully but will eat through a set of performance pads quickly. The race pads held up to almost a dozen track sessions over two days and I noticed zero brake fade even after repeated HARD braking. They seems to have many more days left in them as well.

Jeff gave me great support and understands these cars. I highly recommend this upgrade particularly if you are putting sticky tires on your car.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Cool to see you tracking the car. Just got mine and used to road race my Vette, but not sure if I will torture the Maserati that way.

Did you get the calipers or just the bigger diameter rotors etc. Seems to me the calipers are good....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts