Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I lifted up my reverse lever today to get into... reverse, and lo and behold, the whole reverse "chunk" lifted up slightly...

What caused that? I want to fix it, as it isn't very good for the Maserati image :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
M-Do you have a "hooked" pick and a small phillips screwdriver? If you DO then you can pull the switch out yourself and repair your newly 2 part reverse switch assembly.
Put hook at rear of switch base in notch, carefull with the paint, and pull with moderate pressure, DIRECTLY UP. This releases the side clips, pull assembly up, follow and unbolt harness/connector. Remove Black cover, releasing the small plastic fingers on the housing sides, carefull not to break the fingers, using more than one pick or eyeglass screwdriver works best. Remove cover and remove visible screws and remove inner switch assembly, carefull not to drop or lose anything, hold inner workings in hand upright and lift housing up. Now look for center screw from bottom that threads up into the Balck "Tee Handle" which has come off, starting this process.
I probably skipped something, but this is the gist of it. Best of luck on you surgery.--Kent

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kent,

Thanks for hte help!

But it isnt the little "T" that seperated... It is the WHOLE reverse lever assembly that is loose from the center tunnel (the oval + "T" is lifting out of hte rest of the black tunnel!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.