Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Very neat!

But it wouldn't last a week on my car since I already scrape the bottom of the front spoiler daily...

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
ok - that is the BEST solution I have seen. On the GS it might fit in the pocket in the air dam - don't know how much depth it requires. Thanks...this may just be the solution I've been looking for.

·
Registered
402 Posts
VERY COOL!!!

I think I want one, but good point Niteroi, id proably trash it, i already bottom out. Also would be nice to retract further back so not as noticeable.

Hmmmm :rolleyes:

·
Vendor
4,745 Posts
Great Idea. Looking at the construction of it: Something tells me that that would rip off at speed, even it you weren't activating it!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I agree with Jeff, it looks very flimsy.

By the way, is the idea to leave the plate exposed when driving or when parked?

·
Registered
20 Posts
They also offer one that is not remotely operated, you have to manually retract or extend the plate. The idea is to keep the plate conceled and if stopped for no front plate, just get out and pull the plate out and lock it in place. (If it's electric just push the button) (Tell the officer you just had the car detailed and forgot to extend the plate) I had one on one of the Corvettes, yes it does sit pretty low and it will rub on parking curbs and such, however its another solution to the no front plate problem. Haven't tried to see if it will fit on the Maserati.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yeah.. I like that big ugly post sticking out the front when its retracted

·
Registered
191 Posts
not for use in toll booths ?

I wonder if some diabolical drivers will use these on front AND back for "toll booth camera avoidance" ?? Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wonder if some diabolical drivers will use these on front AND back for "toll booth camera avoidance" ?? Hmmmmmm
my only question would be, how do you know if it is extended or retracted from siting in the car. I would hate to hit to button thinking it was hidden only to be showing it front a center. a plate cover does exist out there that from straight on it is clear but from the side it is blurred. just a thought

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's what this place offers: Trydeal.com. Then again, judging by the gif video, the whole thing might be a total scam. At any rate, I doubt it's legal in any state.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts