Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the "Low Batt" indicator come on once while driving. The low batt only went on once for less than 30 seconds. Since then the A/C and Vent doesn't work. The battery is ok and voltage levels are fine -- the vent did not work with the existing battery or a new Optima replacement. I called the dealer and they said it was either a fuse or the A/C control module ($1200 to replace). I checked the fuse and it is ok. My gut feeling is that the A/C module didn't break since disabling A/C is normal under low voltage conditions, so it sounds like the computer is confused. I've read here that this can be corrected by rebooting the computer, but have not seen how to do this.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

·
Registered
793 Posts
If you have a battery switch turn it off then back on after a few minutes.

Start the vehicle with all electrical off and let run for 5-10 minutes.

Then try the A/C.

Similar process with 360's for a few issues. It might work for you.

·
Registered
94 Posts
maserati came out with an updated a/c control module just for that problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greg -- thanks, I did try resetting the master switch. I will try shutting off ALL components. (PS: love the mats)

DT -- thanks, I hadn't heard there was a known issue with the A/C control, so I was very skeptical of the dealer comment. It may be this is what it needs. It's a bit annoying to pay $1200 for what is probably a $50 part, but this car is so rewarding that it's a small price to pay.

Thanks for your help,
Peter

·
Registered
793 Posts
Greg -- thanks, I did try resetting the master switch. I will try shutting off ALL components. (PS: love the mats)

DT -- thanks, I hadn't heard there was a known issue with the A/C control, so I was very skeptical of the dealer comment. It may be this is what it needs. It's a bit annoying to pay $1200 for what is probably a $50 part, but this car is so rewarding that it's a small price to pay.

Thanks for your help,
Peter
Then let's see some photos of the car and the mats?

If you might have a Maser P/N I may be able to source that part for much less!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a replacement A/C module and I'm going to try to replace it myself. I know it's very easy to change the control unit, but it isn't obvious how to remove the console to get at it. Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,
Peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts