Maserati Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I recently purchased the Autel 200 OBDII on Amazon as stated above (great deal by the way). I can tell you that yes it does reset the maintenance interval light on my 09 QP S. I was actually a bit surprised by the features as it tested and diagnosed all of the vehicles systems (nodes) including our favorite Skyhook suspension system which has been giving me a Check Suspension message for a month. Code for R front accelerator sensor. Verified and soon to be replaced.
Greatness! So good to hear.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Great to know. Will buy one as my old OBD2 Connect on my XP era laptop has reached its end stage...laptop that is. But....I refuse to support greedy bezos. A while generation doesn't realize he makes Walmart look like a nice place compared to what he single handedly has done to store face America. JIMHO...cuse the aside.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Is the wrench indicator different than the check oil level?

I had the oil icon pop up last week. I had my oil changed, but the light is STILL on. So the AUTEL will clear BOTH?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yes, they are two different things. The Autel will clear the wrench but not the 'check oil level.'
For the oil level, check that there is oil within the normal operating range on the dipstick. If it is, you're fine and the light will soon extinguish, or you can add oil if you want but careful not to overfill. (the 'oil low' light is basically an alert that you're less than full capacity). When the oil level reaches the bottom of the operating range on the dipstick, the 'check oil level' light will remain illuminated indefinitely until oil is added to bring the level back into operating range on the dipstick.
oil level.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
The oil level is monitored by an oil level sensor located in the oil pan. There is another thread on that here somewhere. Have it checked to make sure its the sensor but if your oil level is ok it is most likely the culprit. There is an o-ring on the connector going to the sensor on the side of the pan that leaks with age. Engine mount has to be unbolted and engine jacked up partially to remove the pan. Not sure of the sensor cost but i don't believe its anything outlandish. The oil pan gasket is around $25 on Scuderia plus shipping.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Great to know. Will buy one as my old OBD2 Connect on my XP era laptop has reached its end stage...laptop that is. But....I refuse to support greedy bezos. A while generation doesn't realize he makes Walmart look like a nice place compared to what he single handedly has done to store face America. JIMHO...cuse the aside.
Walmart is selling this for under $50.00. It's about $70,00 at Amazon.

·
Registered
341 Posts
If its an app, why purchase at a store? Did I miss something??

·
Registered
88 Posts
The 200 just won't work for me. It connects but won't "bind" the adapter for to the phone app. The app has terrible reviews so unfortunately I this tool is hit or miss. I am on Android BTW

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The 200 just won't work for me. It connects but won't "bind" the adapter for to the phone app. The app has terrible reviews so unfortunately I this tool is hit or miss. I am on Android BTW
I had a similar issue with the thinkware dash cam I installed. It would not connect to my Samsung phone. I put the app on my wifes I Phone and it worked great. You might try a different phone. The Autel works great with my Samsung.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I didn't have any issues with my Autel HT200. It works great and resets the service light with my Iphone. No more trips to dealer for oil change!

·
Registered
394 Posts
How did you get the AutelHT200 to reset the service light? I didn't see that option.

PS, my oil light stayed on. However, I got it to turn off by running the relearn procedure I learned from @NeilPham. Thanks Bro!

·
Registered
221 Posts
How did you get the AutelHT200 to reset the service light? I didn't see that option.

PS, my oil light stayed on. However, I got it to turn off by running the relearn procedure I learned from @NeilPham. Thanks Bro!
Click on "Service" and then "Oil reset" It's pretty straight forward but sometimes the Bluetooth won't connect. Just plug/unplug and turn bluetooth on/off to reset. It should work fine.

1.png 2.png

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello,

I want buy Autel MAXICOM MK808. Does it reset oil for QP5 2008 ? If someone have an experience with this product.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I want buy Autel MAXICOM MK808. Does it reset oil for QP5 2008 ? If someone have an experience with this product.
I have no experience with that but i can tell you that the Autel MaxiAP AP200 does. It has a very simple interface and it will cost you about $20 for the Maserati software to perform all functions including diagnostics of all the systems including Skyhook.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks.
But if someone know the difference between MX808 (European version) and MaxiAP200, I'm interested. The first one cost 490euro (original) and the second one 60euro without Maserati software, but what about functions ?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts