Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the Autel 200 OBDII and hooked it up to my 2018 Granturismo Sport. It was simple and guided me as I went using my Samsung phone. It pretty much walked me through the steps and took like 10 seconds to connect. All I did was run a scan and it worked. I am getting ready to change the oil in the next couple of months and I saw a review on You Tube that said it would work on Maserati of all types. It is supposed to reset the service light. We shall see when it comes on. I think it will. I thought it was worth a try for $50 on Amazon. Anyone else tried this one? See Link: Amazon.com: Autel AP200(HT200) Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner, Code Reader with Full Systems Diagnoses and 19 Service Functions, Mini Size Version of MK808 Diagnostic, Vehicle Scan Tool for iPhone & Android Devices: Automotive

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hope it does reset the service light, so please report back... FYI I bought the Foxwell NT530 and paid a little more for it, but unfortunately it did not work. It does read most codes and resets some of them, but the service light ain't one of them... I suspect the only ones capable to reset the service light are the professional ones that will cost you $$$

Thanks for sharing and good luck!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I hope it does reset the service light, so please report back... FYI I bought the Foxwell NT530 and paid a little more for it, but unfortunately it did not work. It does read most codes and resets some of them, but the service light ain't one of them... I suspect the only ones capable to reset the service light are the professional ones that will cost you $$$

Thanks for sharing and good luck!
According to others on the forum, the OBDSTAR X-200 will reset the service light. It is on Amazon for $219.
https://www.maseratilife.com/threads/obdstar-x200-pro.111505/#post-877713

If the Autel can do it for $50 that is even better, but we'll need to see the result when someone tries it.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
According to others on the forum, the OBDSTAR X-200 will reset the service light. It is on Amazon for $219.
OBDStar X200 Pro

If the Autel can do it for $50 that is even better, but we'll need to see the result when someone tries it.
Yes the OBDSTAR X-200 will reset oil service light, at least it did on my 2014 GT. Sold mine here, last year. I wanted something with more functionality and more user friendly. If all you want is to reset Oil Service/Wrench Light, the OBDSTAR will do just fine.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I just purchased the Autel 200 OBDII and hooked it up to my 2018 Granturismo Sport. It was simple and guided me as I went using my Samsung phone. It pretty much walked me through the steps and took like 10 seconds to connect. All I did was run a scan and it worked. I am getting ready to change the oil in the next couple of months and I saw a review on You Tube that said it would work on Maserati of all types. It is supposed to reset the service light. We shall see when it comes on. I think it will. I thought it was worth a try for $50 on Amazon. Anyone else tried this one? See Link: Amazon.com: Autel AP200(HT200) Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner, Code Reader with Full Systems Diagnoses and 19 Service Functions, Mini Size Version of MK808 Diagnostic, Vehicle Scan Tool for iPhone & Android Devices: Automotive
If you immediately want to know whether this works, you can change the system date in the Mas to a future date sometime after the expected service wrench appearance, which should then elicit the "wrench light." Then try the Autel.

Just remember to change the date back to today.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually scanned the codes and that worked great. Had a couple on stuff like something to do with passanger door etc, and it cleared them all out to pass. I also went to service section to look at where I will clear light out and it has a place to reset oil light. This is the video I spoke of in original post.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are screen shots from my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The top of first photo is just an advertisement for Maxi CV or somothing. Not part of working app.

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
The OP is referring to an Autel which is a totally different animal than the obd.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The OP is referring to an Autel which is a totally different animal than the obd.
Autel AP200(HT200) Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner is what I bought on Amazon. It is what I am referring to.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Posts #3, 4, and 9 were referring to the OBDSTAR X-200 as a different option in case this Autel did not have the capability to reset the service indicator.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Posts #3, 4, and 9 were referring to the OBDSTAR X-200 as a different option in case this Autel did not have the capability to reset the service indicator.
Got it. Makes sense. I hope the Autel works.

·
Registered
485 Posts
From the reviews I've read, you have to pay an additional $15.00 per year for each brand of autoto continue the software license.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From the reviews I've read, you have to pay an additional $15.00 per year for each brand of autoto continue the software license.
Yes, when you set it up, you get the first auto free.(Included in purchase price.) If you add other autos, the charge is additional. The cool thing is if you have 10 cars, it will supposedly work on all. You just have to pay for each additional one. One car is covered though.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks, but there is an annual renewal of $15.00 for each car, am I correct?

P.S. Why don't you set your system clock forward and try resetting the wrench; the community will love you for this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks, but there is an annual renewal of $15.00 for each car, am I correct?

P.S. Why don't you set your system clock forward and try resetting the wrench; the community will love you for this.
I think it is just for additional cars. The first/original is included in purchase price for life. That is my understanding. I'm not resetting date because I am afraid too. I pluged it up when I got it, looked at the codes, reset a couple of minor ones that had been thrown and shut it down. I then got brave, plugged it back up and looked at where you would reset oil light. I saw how it would be done and feel good about it. Turned key off, unplugghed it and put it up. I am not brave enough to mess with it until the light comes on. I will then try to turn it off. If it works great. If not it only put me back $50. I will then try to rent or buy the OBD Star.

·
Registered
30 Posts
OBDStar X200 Pro

FYI, just got the OBDX200 from [email protected] following the tread you posted. He charges $25 to rent it, and it does work (very easy to reset).

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased the Autel 200 OBDII on Amazon as stated above (great deal by the way). I can tell you that yes it does reset the maintenance interval light on my 09 QP S. I was actually a bit surprised by the features as it tested and diagnosed all of the vehicles systems (nodes) including our favorite Skyhook suspension system which has been giving me a Check Suspension message for a month. Code for R front accelerator sensor. Verified and soon to be replaced.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts