Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not really a big fan of the newer 2018 GT front bumper. It looks too aggressive, specially with the shiny chrome eyelid inside the headlight assembly, makes the car look as if it is squinting hard. :) I wish they stayed with the classic oval shape and not mess around with the look on its way out on the last year of production. Does anyone know if I can replace the front bumper assembly with the ones from 2013-2017 model? Looking at the car it seems there were no changes to the side panels but who knows if the mount is changed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I love the 2018 so much better than my 2016....again just my opinion....eye of the beholder of course.
Can we swap out 2018 to a 2016 ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I am not really a big fan of the newer 2018 GT front bumper. It looks too aggressive, I wish they stayed with the classic oval shape and not mess around with the look on its way out on the last year of production. Does anyone know if I can replace the front bumper assembly with the ones from 2013-2017 model? Looking at the car it seems there were no changes to the side panels but who knows if the mount is changed.

Thanks in advance.
don't know what color car you have but i have a white 2013 i'd swap front bumpers with you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love the 2018 so much better than my 2016....again just my opinion....eye of the beholder of course.
Can we swap out 2018 to a 2016 ?
Funny, my previous one was a black on red 2016. I loved the car but was a lease and did not want to take it over given the maintenance cost, so I leased a 2018.

Other things they've changed in 2018 which does not look at all good IMO, are the cheap chrome looking eyelids inside the headlight assembly which makes the car, along with the front jagged "mouth" look like the car is squinting, Chrome trims around the side windows and the chrome vent holes on the side fenders. On the previous models each of those three vent covers on each side where made of two pieces, the chrome edges and the mesh part which black. Now, it is all one cheap looking chrome piece making it even look more fake and not a real vent. I am thinking of painting the mesh part black.

Unfortunately my 2018 is also lease so I am still trying to adjust to the new squint-ish front look and see what the options are. I have couple of years to go on the lease. If I decide to keep the car I will change the bumper if still not grown on me.

I hope you still want to swap then. LOL

·
Registered
197 Posts
SEE ABOVE THREAD..A SWAP MADE IN HEAVEN!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts