Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Bulb sizes et.c. are stated in the manual.

Dunno about rears but front turn signals, fog lights and parking lights:
Left hand - remove front part of the wheel well lining and the bulb holders are visible.
Right hand - easistest by unscrewing the fixture! There is one bolt that holds it in place, this is reached from under the car. Could be possible to do it in situ, but for my hands it was too cramped (everything is hidden behind the oil tank)

Headlights both sides: Remove wheel well lining and they are accessible from there.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Rears are easy. Just take off the battery cover or the CD changer cover off and the bulb sockets are right there. Twist counter clockwise until it clicks, about an 1/8 of a turn and the bulb and socket will pull straight out. Once that assembly is out, push the bulb down gently and rotate and it'll come out. Replace in reverse order.

Be careful with the type of bulb you use. I used a Sylvania bulb once and the "light out" light illuminated on my dash even though all my lights were working. After paying the dealer $150 to diagnose the problem, the tech found my non-Maserati bulb, replaced it and I've never had the issue again. So make sure you get the bulb from Maserati or find out what the exact brand and model the light bulb they use so you don't run into any problems.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The rear light bulbs are arranged as follows:
A - Parking light bulb (P21/5W)
B - Direction indicator light bulb (PY 21W)
C - Stop light bulb (P21 W)
D - Reverse gear light bulb (P 21 W)

Page 152 of Owner's Manual

·
Registered
799 Posts
So if i change out the bulbs and got this "light out" on my dash its just a warning and I can drive with this... right????
I do have a scanner and clear codes.

Rears are easy. Just take off the battery cover or the CD changer cover off and the bulb sockets are right there. Twist counter clockwise until it clicks, about an 1/8 of a turn and the bulb and socket will pull straight out. Once that assembly is out, push the bulb down gently and rotate and it'll come out. Replace in reverse order.

Be careful with the type of bulb you use. I used a Sylvania bulb once and the "light out" light illuminated on my dash even though all my lights were working. After paying the dealer $150 to diagnose the problem, the tech found my non-Maserati bulb, replaced it and I've never had the issue again. So make sure you get the bulb from Maserati or find out what the exact brand and model the light bulb they use so you don't run into any problems.

·
Registered
583 Posts
So if i change out the bulbs and got this "light out" on my dash its just a warning and I can drive with this... right????
I do have a scanner and clear codes.
Yeah, it doesn't effect the driveablity one bit. It's just annoying. A scanner will not clear the light. Scanners only work for check engine lights.

As long as you use the bulb that Maserati recommends, you shouldn't get the warning light.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Ok did the counter clockwise on one of left sockets on the rear and it easily comes off.

So I put it back and started the car. Both my inner back red lights are not working. I do not know if it was working before. I seem to recall my mechanic saying one of the bulbs not work not both.

I do not recall if the inner most bulb on each side worked in the first place.
The other 2 .. outside brightens when you hit brakes and second one is on when you turn on your headlights.

So question I have is when does the inner red bulb turn on?
Is it supposed to be on when the other 2 are on? When you back up?
Does all three light go on when you start the car and have your headlights on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rear light bulbs are arranged as follows:
A - Parking light bulb (P21/5W)
B - Direction indicator light bulb (PY 21W)
C - Stop light bulb (P21 W)
D - Reverse gear light bulb (P 21 W)

Page 152 of Owner's Manual
would you have a copy of the manual ? or a PDF that you could share with me?

thank you in advance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts