Maserati Forum banner

Replacing Light Bulb in the Boot???

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  brumma 
#1 ·
So I took delivery of my GS yesterday (finally)! Just a few niggles... The light bulbs in the boot and the glovebox appear to have burned out. After consulting the manual I was able to pop out the one in the glovebox easily enough, but I can't seem to figure out how to pop out the one in the boot. Any ideas? I also noticed that one of the Giugario badges is lifting off the body at one edge... Would that be a warranty item? Should I try fixing it myself, or just let the dealer take care of it?

#4 ·
I checked this out--not the problem in this instance. The light is definitely out for some reason, probably the bulb. Anyone know how to get the specs on the bulb? The manual just mentions "all glass type" without giving voltage, wattage, etc.

#5 ·
An update... Getting the cover off is a piece of cake once you used the correct size screwdriver. I didn't have a flashlight handy the first time I tried, so I couldn't see the little slot where you have to insert the tip of the flathead. You need a fairly small one. Needless to say, the cover came off easily and I just need to pick up a couple of bulbs at Pep Boys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.