Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving through rain storm and got "Adaptive Light Failure". Now I have not drivers side headlights. I checked fuses (all were good), I hear the relay engaging, I changed the bulb. Still no headlight. I am moving to the headlight ballast. Has anyone on the site replaced the ballast? If so, can you post the procedure? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would also like to know, as someone bumped into my GT (in an SUV apparently and knocked the whole headlight casing off of its "hinge". There were no there marks or damage on the hood... just a pair of tire marks speeding off. (last time i take this to a grocery store). So now my drivers side headlamp is cracked.

I'm not filing an insurance claim for this as i'm sure that i can order replacement headlamp and the brackets needed, but its an annoyance.

I'd also like to know if anyone has replaced the entire headlamp housing (I purchased one on Ebay, was wondering if i could do this by opening the hood, or if the entire bumper needed to come off)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crickets,,,, I assume we are the only two unfortunate owners whom have suffered headlight failures.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After ordering a new ballast I decided to clean the corrosion from the headlight assembly and the original ballast. And Wallah the adaptive failure went away and I have left side headlights again. If anyone needs a ballast and OEM bulbs let me know....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts