Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to posting on this forum, as I have just owned my 2004 Coupe for about 1 1/2 years. Love it. It needed help when I bought it and I have several other cars that needed more serious work, so I have been slow to address all the issues. I did pull out the radio and redid the push buttons etc. No where near what Lorenz does, and I did replace the speakers in the doors and rear area. Haven't done the rear shelf yet. Changed the oil and filter and also the air filter. I have one or two dash lights that are out and haven't yet looked it up how to replace them, but if available I would think the led bulbs might be a nice replacement. Like I said forgive me if there is a post here I haven't looked yet, but wanted to see how hard it is #1 and if it is worth changing to LED's #2. Thanks Mark Seifert

·
Registered
235 Posts
Can you elaborate on which bulbs are out? Why would you want to replace with LED? - seems like you would be introducing a potential headache for no gain.

I am knee deep in replacing my heater core, so I can elaborate in PAINFUL detail how hard it would be to replace any individual bulb.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a dash bulb out. I would say it is the bulb that would illuminate the area of the speedometer around 60 to 80 miles an hour. It is irratating to me. My clock also does not light up and I wish that would be an inexpensive fix.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am a little skeptical to start pulling bulbs (more chance to break something that currently works), but below if a pisture of the back of the cluster. Presumably you have a bulb out under one of the red colored tabs. You can get to the cluster by following the first few steps of the heater core replacement guide.

Of note, the "circuit board" on the back of the cluster is a thin plastic sheet with the circuits printed on them. You will have to be careful removing the connectors. It is a little hard to describe via text, but if you would like I can talk you through it. I sent you a PM with my cell number.
Resized_20200408_233649_7544.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
4,224 Posts
I have a dash bulb out. I would say it is the bulb that would illuminate the area of the speedometer around 60 to 80 miles an hour. It is irratating to me. My clock also does not light up and I wish that would be an inexpensive fix.
The clock backlight is an electroluminescent panel. There appears to be no way to repair the, and they are, as I suspect you've found it, costly :(

C

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The clock backlight is an electroluminescent panel. There appears to be no way to repair the, and they are, as I suspect you've found it, costly :(

C
I have. I saw a few on Ebay etc. When I had the center infotainment system out to try.......not like Lorenz's quality, but I tried to fix the sticky buttons and I saw you have access to the clock pretty easily from that direction. That is when I starting looking for a replacement. I think the guys were priced pretty high. I think definitely easier than pulling the dash to get to the clock. It is the bulb that irritates me and well see in this lock down if I decide to try it. I have other........old car issues bothering me more!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts