Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello,

Maserati does not make glass. They get it from the same manufacturers that independent shops. Get it from any reputable auto glass shop.
Last week I changed the front glass on my Lexus LS430. Dealer wonted $1800 for parts plus labor. Independent came to my house, I paid all together $210.00
Good luck, Michael

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hello,

Maserati does not make glass. They get it from the same manufacturers that independent shops. Get it from any reputable auto glass shop.
Last week I changed the front glass on my Lexus LS430. Dealer wonted $1800 for parts plus labor. Independent came to my house, I paid all together $210.00
Good luck, Michael
This is good advice, but good luck getting aftermarket windshields for Maserati and Ferrari or from a source other than the original.

For you daily drivers or more common cars like Lexus/Mercedes/BMW this is very good advice however, windshields will run $150-300.

OP - Your best bet is finding a salvage car that was hit from the back and still has it intact.

·
Registered
233 Posts
no harm in calling all your local glass shops anyway...just ask, you may be surprised.

·
Registered
681 Posts
no harm in calling all your local glass shops anyway...just ask, you may be surprised.
Of course... if anyone finds a source for these I and I'm sure many other members would love to know it.

At least insurance covers this kinda stuff with a reasonable deductible.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Absolutely, knowledge is power. And of course a money-saver. You know what, my parents own a auto glass company, I will give them a call tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Steve,

did you find a cheaper windshield?

I cracked mine and even the local shops are asking $2,300 for the replacement. They can only get the windshield itself from the dealer ($1,200).

·
Vendor
4,738 Posts
I can beat the price... I know both of you gentleman and so I'll contact you directly to see if you're interested.

In case folks don't know, we have excellent prices on many OEM parts these days and can usually beat the price of your local dealer. We ship direct and of course will offer you the service that many of you are looking for.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
5,887 Posts

·
Vendor
4,738 Posts
Thanks Travis, I appreciate the support.

FWIW, we also ship worldwide and our prices will beat the prices paid by owners in many countries outside the US even with the cost of shipping and duties.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jeff, can you get the windshield for the 2008 Mas GT? Mine just cracked.

I can beat the price... I know both of you gentleman and so I'll contact you directly to see if you're interested.

In case folks don't know, we have excellent prices on many OEM parts these days and can usually beat the price of your local dealer. We ship direct and of course will offer you the service that many of you are looking for.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for install information on a Gran Turismo windshield

I am with a auto glass company in Panama City, Florida and we are looking for information on a 2008 Maserati Gran Turismo we will be replacing the windshield soon and have been looking for video's or anything that might help. This will be our first Maserati but have done installs on Ferrari's. We like to be as informed as posible.

Thanks,
Jackie D.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts