Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Coupe GT 6MT, Black/Black
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've seen threads on this and it seems like generic shift knobs will not really work for our cars given the reverse lockout mechanism - is that right?

Or have any of your found a generic knob that will work with no or simple modification?

I see a bunch here but I'm not convinced about the fit.

Also for the boot - have any of you replaced yours with this or a different product that you can recommend for quality and fit?

Thanks!

Adam

·
Registered
482 Posts
IIRC, the boots are still available from Scuderia parts, but pricey. Knobs are NLA, and were super pricey when you could get them. I have a spare NOS one, I'll measure the hole size if you like. Fernando was working on a group buy of cnc replacement ones, but last I heard, they were going to be $500+.

·
Registered
2005 Coupe GT 6MT, Black/Black
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I don't need either to be OEM. I'd prefer to choose a different leather texture for a knob, and don't love the bump on the stock booth either. Just wondering if non-OEM parts will fit.

Looking at getting the stock knob re-covered in leather, but a generic could be even better if it would fit.

I have my stock knob off so could reference that for size. What do you mean 'a spare NOS one'?

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts