Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone!

Today I was reassembling my car, and I tested my headlights after refurbishing the lenses. On their own they look pretty damn clear, but the issue is that once you put a UV protectant on them, clear coat or a wrap the overall finish will degrade, and the quality of the light cast by the beams will not be as clear. The photo makes it look much worse than it is, but you get the point.

Earlier in the year I explored getting them remanufactured and the quotes were pretty decent. Between $400-$600USD per lens mould, and prices per lens $100-$400USD per lens depending on order quantity.

To really make this worthwhile I think that about 6 or so cars would need to do it (should be about $500USD each for both lenses if spilt across everyone) but there is no maximum order, so the more the merrier.

The lenses are quite easy to remove, so honestly, replacing them may not be such a bad idea and it is a lot cheaper than buying new headlights, and a lot easier than polishing them. I know FD peruse the forums, so maybe they might want to buy some stock and save us all the effort. I'd be happy to put them in touch with the people I'm liaising with if they send me a PM.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done it twice, there is a knack to it but it only takes about 15 minutes per headlight. Polishing them however... I spent at least 8 hours on each lens...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts