Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My subwoofer needs to be replaced. Do i need to remove both rear seats to get to it? Has anyone here replaced their subwoofers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too need to replace the subwoofers in my cabrio. I have a 2013 and the foam around the subs has torn. I have “repaired “ the subwoofers twice now but the problem has come back again. I will say that it is pretty easy to remove the seats and get access to the sub box. However, I would love to find a good replacement for the speakers. I realize that I can purchase used Bose ones on eBay but I would love to buy a new pair. Has anyone found a good replacement sub that will fit in the existing box without major modifications? Thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I too need to replace the subwoofers in my cabrio. I have a 2013 and the foam around the subs has torn. I have “repaired “ the subwoofers twice now but the problem has come back again. I will say that it is pretty easy to remove the seats and get access to the sub box. However, I would love to find a good replacement for the speakers. I realize that I can purchase used Bose ones on eBay but I would love to buy a new pair. Has anyone found a good replacement sub that will fit in the existing box without major modifications? Thanks.
I think it's a very proprietary sub. However, if you wanted to modify the box with a MDF trim ring (easy-you remove old sub, glue the wood ring in, mount new sub to the wood), I think you could fit a JL Audio 6.5" or 8" in there. Note: the subwoofer box itself is amplified. So you can use the existing wiring to power the sub, but you might want to get a matching ohm sub (2 ohm I think?) to avoid issues.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, I searched the forums for an acceptable replacement speaker that would provide the best fit without modifications and ordered a pair from Amazon that another post said was the closest to the stock Bose woofers. I will keep you posted on their fit and more importantly their sound quality.

·
Registered
2012 Gran Turismo Convertible
34 Posts
Well, I searched the forums for an acceptable replacement speaker that would provide the best fit without modifications and ordered a pair from Amazon that another post said was the closest to the stock Bose woofers. I will keep you posted on their fit and more importantly their sound quality.
Would be interested to know what speakers you are referring. I have same issue in my convertible.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Would be interested to know what speakers you are referring. I have same issue in my convertible.
Update: Well, the speakers that I ordered will not fit without modifications. It appears that the four screw holes line up fine but the magnet is too large to fit in the housing without a spacer. I decided that if I am going to do any modifications then I would be investing in a better quality speaker. On that note, the Bose speaker magnets are tiny compared to same size woofers from other manufacturers.

Anyhow, I’ve put a ring of silicone around the cone of the Bose speakers again and they should last another 6 months or so before they shake themselves apart. Oh well.

·
Registered
2012 Gran Turismo Convertible
34 Posts
Update: Well, the speakers that I ordered will not fit without modifications. It appears that the four screw holes line up fine but the magnet is too large to fit in the housing without a spacer. I decided that if I am going to do any modifications then I would be investing in a better quality speaker. On that note, the Bose speaker magnets are tiny compared to same size woofers from other manufacturers.

Anyhow, I’ve put a ring of silicone around the cone of the Bose speakers again and they should last another 6 months or so before they shake themselves apart. Oh well.
Cool, thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cool, thanks!

What speakers did you order that didn’t fit...so others don’t make the same mistake?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts