Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dropped off my car to a local repair place to install 2 rear tires. It is a place who has done work on my MBZ, Saab, and other tire flat repair/rim swaps.

i usually drop off my car and walk home and they call me in an hour or so when the car is ready.

I decide to hang out for a bit today and what i saw almost made me lose my lunch:

1. worker starts car and I can see he is confused over how to get into reverse, or shift.

I intervene and he guides me to the lift.

2. 2 workers then try and decide if car is too low for freestanding lift....both after a few minutes, say No, and ask me to drive car to middle inside lift.

3. as I am driving into interior lift, 4 guys guide me, and at last second, decide that car is too low with me in it, to put in Neutral and they will push car over lift.

4. 4 guys then roll car forward, 2 say it is OK, 2 say it is not.....manager at last second decides NO...then all 4 agree car is too low.

5. one guy during Neutral roll tries to tell other 3 to simply use hand hydrolic lift...

that is what theyall decide. all in all 4 very terrifying minutes.

I could only imagine what goes on when I am not around.

will be one anxious hour until I pick up the car.

·
Registered
773 Posts
oh boy!

you must have been in my shop. but wait! were they verbal, could they read/write, speak english, were they drugged, did they smell of old granddad, stale beer? must not have been my shop.

·
Registered
286 Posts
yeah i take my wheels to the shop. They never even get to see my car. That is the pleasure of owning a big truck and having a nice shop on the house. Geez i hope u dont let them test drive it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts