Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What level of rental car has your dealer provided when you need overnight(s)
warranty work done?

I know at one point they provided QP's from inventory, but I think this is no longer the case.

Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What level of rental car has your dealer provided when you need overnight(s)
warranty work done?

I know at one point they provided QP's from inventory, but I think this is no longer the case.

Thanks in advance for your input.
I was promised a 2006 Bentley GT (owner's car).
I don't know what is standard at this dealership.
But they really really seem to be bending over backwards for service these days.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My experience was Maserati would only reimburse the dealership $50 a day. Most rental cars were provided to customers at a loss to the dealership.
I had a lot of trouble attempting to make customers happy after putting them in a Kia rental.

·
Registered
778 Posts
My experience was Maserati would only reimburse the dealership $50 a day. Most rental cars were provided to customers at a loss to the dealership.
I had a lot of trouble attempting to make customers happy after putting them in a Kia rental.
wow, if I was given a KIA I would be very upset. Probably take my business elsewhere. At Lexus, my service rep always told me that they will put you into a comparable model car. IE - you drop off an RX to get serviced, they will put you into an RX rental. Its funny because whenever I go to BMW to get my Ci serviced, I ususally never get offered a rental car unless I bitch and moan about it. Then they usually put me into a rental car that Enterprise offers. Most likely an Impala or somesort. To me, this is why I will NEVER buy another BMW. Thier service is horrible, and they treat every customer like shit. This has happened at many BMW dealerships ive tried. Anytime I get my Lexus serviced. Its always with a smile on thier face, a comparable rental car, and lots of free things like drinks and snacks while waiting. Shiet, even last time when I brought my LS in for an oil change. They said they were very busy and it may take 2-3hrs before my car would be serviced. The service rep asked if I had to run any errands and offered my one of their rental cars to do so. It didnt even have to warranty service for me to get the rental. Now thats GREAT service if you ask me. I will forever love Lexus.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
My local Maserati dealership offered me NOTHING, NADA whilst my almost new Gran Turismo had to have it's total air conditioing system (compressor etc ) replaced under warranty. What the dealer does not know is that I will never buy another car from them!
I have purchased two new DB9's and a new Jaguar XK from them too, so I am not their worst customer! MORONIC business decision. Just my opinion!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
778 Posts
My local Maserati dealership offered me NOTHING, NADA whilst my almost new Gran Turismo had to have it's total air conditioing system (compressor etc ) replaced under warranty. What the dealer does not know is that I will never buy another car from them!
I have purchased two new DB9's and a new Jaguar XK from them too, so I am not their worst customer! MORONIC business decision. Just my opinion!
WOW, WOW... I would find another dealer STAT!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think that the answers depends on whether you purchased your car from the dealer or not. I did not purchase my car locally.

I got a lift back to my office and that was about it. Now if the dealer claimed $50 a day for the 3 weeks they had my car then they did alright!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Enterprise Rentals.......

The two times my 2003 Maser Coupe CC was in for service and still under warranty, the dealership (FM of Orange County, CA) provided me with rental cars from Enterprise. Both times the rental was a mid-size Lincoln. Anyway, it cost me nothing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
wow, if I was given a KIA I would be very upset. Probably take my business elsewhere. At Lexus, my service rep always told me that they will put you into a comparable model car. IE - you drop off an RX to get serviced, they will put you into an RX rental. Its funny because whenever I go to BMW to get my Ci serviced, I ususally never get offered a rental car unless I bitch and moan about it. Then they usually put me into a rental car that Enterprise offers. Most likely an Impala or somesort. To me, this is why I will NEVER buy another BMW. Thier service is horrible, and they treat every customer like shit. This has happened at many BMW dealerships ive tried. Anytime I get my Lexus serviced. Its always with a smile on thier face, a comparable rental car, and lots of free things like drinks and snacks while waiting. Shiet, even last time when I brought my LS in for an oil change. They said they were very busy and it may take 2-3hrs before my car would be serviced. The service rep asked if I had to run any errands and offered my one of their rental cars to do so. It didnt even have to warranty service for me to get the rental. Now thats GREAT service if you ask me. I will forever love Lexus.
One up for me!!!!
I have a 1997 Lexus LX 470. Bring it in for service, big smile!!, lots of snacks!!, coffee and always a loaner car (RX!!!)
Can you imagine? I love lexus also!!!
So far the best service hands down. Saint Louis, Nebraska, Minneapolis. They are all great!!!
I wish they sold Porsches and Maseratis.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
My BMW dealer never offered me a car, just a shuttle to my office.

The Auto Gallery didn't offer me anything last year either, and they had my car for almost a month.

The problem is the next closest dealer is FoBH, and it's supposed to be even worse than AG... I guess I'm going to have to drive to OC.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do you guys get a phone call after your car has been warranty serviced? If so you are giving that dealership who worked on your car a grade. It's called CSI scores. The dealership gets money from the manufactorer based on their CSI scores. Play your cards right with the people in charge and you get free rentals. Just say I would hate to give you a bad CSI score because you dont offer a rental. You would be amazed at how well this works.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Do you guys get a phone call after your car has been warranty serviced? If so you are giving that dealership who worked on your car a grade. It's called CSI scores. The dealership gets money from the manufactorer based on their CSI scores. Play your cards right with the people in charge and you get free rentals. Just say I would hate to give you a bad CSI score because you dont offer a rental. You would be amazed at how well this works.
My dealership filled out the CSI scores for me (all 10's). All I had to do was sign!

·
Registered
94 Posts
The dealership is put in a tough position. The dealer standpoint they want to compete with the Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes. But they dont get any help from the manufacture.
Maserati views the product as a Ferrari and the customer doesn't need to be supplied with anything.
Yes, you can punish the dealer with a bad CSI score, but all they are doing is trying to make the customer happy with what Maserati provides them. I see it more as a manufacture problem then a dealer problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have had my 08 Granturismo two weeks and have driven it only 4 days. It has been at the Maserati dealer where I bought it for two things: car pulls to the right ( which they can't seem to fix) and a dead battery that is caused by a power drain due to the alarm. They have given me a L towncar and a ford explorer for free thru Hertz. They use my credit card for a deposit and when I return the car Maserati is suppose to pay I am not going to fill the car with gas when I return it, hope they will not bill for it:confused:. I hope they give me a car thru out the warrenty, not the best cars but at least its something.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
my dealer offer to get me into a rental car but i just refuses. too lazy to worry about paperworks and filling up and caring for a rental car.

i much rather they give me a ride back and i can drive my other cars.

it's unfortunate they don't have any alfa romeo's or even FIAT's to lend out.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm waiting to see how my local dealer treats me. I have not been in for service yet (8000 miles). I bought car from a West coast dealer after my dealer could not get what I wanted. The sales guy seems somewhat perturbed but he had his chance! It shouldn't matter which dealership you bought it at, as long as its a Mas:mad:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Over here in the UK we get a pretty new 320d or 525i.
or.. basic rented Mercedes saloons, or even a VW Golf on one occasion! (although it suffered a large door ding while parked that day - so I was glad to have been using something else!)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.