Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mine has a dent in it - I don't remember running into anything, but noticed it at work yesterday. I might have hit something on the road (stone, ball of ice...., branch...)

No damage to the finish, but it is like someone got a stick and pushed it in at one point about half an inch.

I am thinking I will take it off and see if I can flatten it, if not, buy a new one.

My recollection is it is 4 screws or something to remove. Sound right?
Anything to watch out for?

Update: Dealer quote for 05 vintage pack grille = US $630+tax. Cough.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answering my own question:

Yes, the grill is easy to remove.

qty 5 - Torx T-25 screws.

The dent wasn't too hard to fix with two small blocks of wood, and some pliers and a cloth for the jaws of the pliers.

However, I did discover a 2nd dent up near the top of the Trident, and one retaining nut had been knocked off the Trident and the screw post broken.

It isn't bad enough to replace the Trident badge immediately, I'll do it next time I have the grill off (laser jammer install?)

Anyway, all fixed and far cheapr than a new one!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Removing fron grill

I also have a small dent in my grill ('02 Coupe I have had about a year).

I have removed the 4 screws on the underside of the top portion of the grill but have not been able to pull the grill out. I know there are some horizontal pins that locate the lower portion of the grill. Gentle pulling on the grill has not worked. I am concerned the fastener that holds the Trident will scrape the bumper.

Please tell me what I don't see that will make this easy.

Also - How is your experience with FM of Seattle? I bought mine from the Bentlley/ Lambo in Bellevue and have not had much trouble beside a dead battery so I have not had much contact with FMoS. I am comming up on my 18,5K service.

·
Registered
635 Posts
F&M of Seattle are great to deal with. I bought my '02 Coupe from Roberto back in November. Their service department is fantastic!

I had some work done on my coupe over the last week, and since the weather and roads are so crappy out, they are paying to have my car flat bed delivered to me today at no charge. Hows that for customer service?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jalpa_Mike said:
F&M of Seattle are great to deal with. I bought my '02 Coupe from Roberto back in November. Their service department is fantastic!

I had some work done on my coupe over the last week, and since the weather and roads are so crappy out, they are paying to have my car flat bed delivered to me today at no charge. Hows that for customer service?
Excellent!

I know all of the service (Mark, Rob) and parts (Eric, Pasquale) guys pretty well, and a few of the sales people (Craig, Tino) even though I didn't ultimately buy my car there.

They are a dealer that understands the value of developing a good long term relationship with the customer.

I do have an update on my infamous seat issue, but keeping mum for a bit until finally resolved.

The other thing I really like is that they always make sure they do a good repair job, and take time to get it done right.

Glenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts