Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love the car. Seems like you're a little overpriced. Not sure how much the f1 transmission is worth to people. Also, how does a car with 16k miles have 6 owners?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Love the car. Seems like you're a little overpriced. Not sure how much the f1 transmission is worth to people. Also, how does a car with 16k miles have 6 owners?
It's not polite to bash the price of someone's ad. :frown2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I apologize, I should've elaborated. Didn't see anyone commenting on the thread, the market for used maserati's is all over the place. Depending on how bad he needs to sell, more aggressive pricing would move the car pretty quick. It's a beautiful vehicle with low miles.

·
Registered
822 Posts
For me, the F1 GranTurismo is the one to buy. More of an experience driving with F1 trans and the interior looks way better without the gear lever in the center console.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Funny that with the previous Gen so many talk so poorly of the automated gearbox. So Maserati used the very good ZF for the next gen, but now people like the rarity of the F1 cars.....

I don’t think it is bashing to point out a car maybe priced high. Forums are a great resource to vet listings and get a feel for markets. Obviously things need to stay civil.

Car is one of 300, but rare doesn’t always mean valuable.
Many are turned off by worries of clutch cost and others simply want a GT, not a huge sports car.

I currently am casually in the market for a new car and then the 09 S is high on the list.
I will be perfectly honest, they asking price is too high for me to engage about the car. We are miles apart.

Maybe it was just a “shoot the moon” price or one picked out of thin air thinking what the car “feels” like it should be worth. If that is the case, please feel free to reach out and let’s see if we can make a deal.

I would hope you have taken a look at some of the other cars on the market and even looked at a few auction results.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not bashing it at all.
Simply pointing out it is not in keeping with the market. This dialogue can be helpful for others in the market to buy, or a seller that is "brokering" a car they might not know a lot about.

I did think about making a go at this specific car.
As I researched it, there were a few deal breakers for me.
A few of them really should have been included in a proper listing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I passed on an 09 S last year even though it had a recent clutch. Love the idea of the 599 gearbox, hate the thought of repairs. Still I'd love to have one.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Was that an engine out service? Real heck of a deal now. If only I were in the market for a car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts