Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone else has experienced issues with a series of defective relays? Over the past 12 months I've had three relays fail, luckily they haven't been the ones controlling the more vital functions. I've now had relay failures for the boot release, the petrol flap release and the heated rear screen. These are all micro 30A relays and as you might guess, I now carry a spare! The more pertinent question regards the cambiocorsa relay, will this be the next one to go?? Perhaps I should be proactive here and replace it rather than let it fry the pump!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
pjl4200 said:
Just wondered if anyone else has experienced issues with a series of defective relays? Over the past 12 months I've had three relays fail, luckily they haven't been the ones controlling the more vital functions. I've now had relay failures for the boot release, the petrol flap release and the heated rear screen. These are all micro 30A relays and as you might guess, I now carry a spare! The more pertinent question regards the cambiocorsa relay, will this be the next one to go?? Perhaps I should be proactive here and replace it rather than let it fry the pump!
Wow! Sounds like a batch of defective relays (not unheard of it they're from the same lot). I've heard a theory that the relay sticks closed causing the CC pump to run continuously, which fries the pump. I'm going to replace mine every year.

Buzz

·
Registered
214 Posts
Where are all these relays located in the car, under the plate in the passenger footwell? And does anyone have a table for location and function? I'm having a few intermittant issues I wouldn't mind troubleshooting myself before I leave it to the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts