Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a matter of curiosity, I was just on edmunds.com looking at dimensions and weights for the Coupe and GS in relation to other cars. As I expected, the rather hefty 3700 lb curb weight for the Maseratis is heavier than other vehicles we might consider 'peers', e.g.

500 lb more than a C6 Vette
150 lb more than a AM Vantage

It's also 2 inches taller than both of these cars. I plan to remedy the height soon lowering my skyhook springs, but has anyone endeavored to put a Coupe or GS on a diet, and found any rather heavy, non-essential :) bits that could go?

·
Registered
518 Posts
removing all underhood trim plates and trunk liners/ sound deadening can amount to some decent weight...also look at changing to an oddessy dry cell race battery....with those things removed you should have been able to pull about 100 or so lbs from the car...replacing the power seats with race buckets are always a good plan...and there is over 100lbs of airbags in the car...replacing glass with Lexan helps pull out a lot of weight as well....

to answer your question you can get 500lbs out of this car it is just a matter of how stripped you want it to be also instead of going off of edmunds go to a truck scale and weigh your car

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The exhaust is the best bang for the buck. Between the central silencer and rear boxes there must be close to 80 pounds. And the little bit of extra HP from the cat-backs is a perk. May be too loud for some though.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The exhaust is the best bang for the buck. Between the central silencer and rear boxes there must be close to 80 pounds. And the little bit of extra HP from the cat-backs is a perk. May be too loud for some though.
i agree with beeyouzeezee.

the exhaust system is really heavy, and could be substituted for custom lighter pipes. the other this is probably the seats and trunk/hood.

-willie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts