Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own an '05 Coupe and agree. The BaT community, in general, isn't interested in "fussy" cars that might require some cash infusion along the way. I see the same comments every time one of these comes up. I take great care of mine but more importantly, my mechanic does as well. Found him on this forum, Craig Waterman. Honest, skilled, dependable. I'm hoping that with time the value will come up as these beauties become more appreciated. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know, I think the market is just crazy and it is what it is. I mean, last week on BaT a "clunker car" black Ferrari 308, 1982 model, sold for almost $50K. I mean, this car was in *need*. Rust. Belt service. Wheels. You name it, it needed it. I'd like to own a Ferrari too but no way, brother. I would *never* pay coin like that for a clunker 308. It's plain absurd.

The exotic and specialty car market is not about rational actors considering the "bang for the buck." If that were the case, all the Maseratis from 2002-2012 would be worth double or triple what they are. It is just pure irrational chasing of what-I-don't-know. It's like coveting what's coveted, or something. I don't understand it.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Auctions engender excitement that is absent from negotiating a fair deal between a seller & a buyer. It happens at all economic strata. Doing due diligence and knowing lots about an offered and desired product is a pre-requisite for bidding with acumen. The opening lyrics from "The Gambler" come to mind.
KTBD

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
On that particular car, all the people actually making bids, not just comments, knew pretty well what mechanicals would likely have to be restored to bring the car to full operational capability at current market value. That's why the bidding stopped where it did instead of going higher.
KTBD

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought this car!

I joined this forum a few months ago and have been reading discussions to get educated. I looked at coupes for sale, a few in person and many online. This looked like a good prospect. I was not high bidder, reluctant to go higher without a PPI. After the auction ended I got a PPI (Thanks Jason and Vance!). As expected it will need a clutch replacement soon. I was able to make a deal with the seller. Today I drove it home, 150+ miles, a great ride.

This is my first experience with Maserati. Please wish us luck!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I bought this car!

I joined this forum a few months ago and have been reading discussions to get educated. I looked at coupes for sale, a few in person and many online. This looked like a good prospect. I was not high bidder, reluctant to go higher without a PPI. After the auction ended I got a PPI (Thanks Jason and Vance!). As expected it will need a clutch replacement soon. I was able to make a deal with the seller. Today I drove it home, 150+ miles, a great ride.

Congrats... awesome buy, don't let these non Maserati/ferrari owners scare you with their propaganda. Drive it & enjoy it. Welcome to the club

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On that particular car, all the people actually making bids, not just comments, knew pretty well what mechanicals would likely have to be restored to bring the car to full operational capability at current market value. That's why the bidding stopped where it did instead of going higher.
KTBD
Obviously your market, and theirs, is different from mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought this car!

Good work you!! You will love the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts