Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing the Quattroporte, left the key fob (the only one) in the console...as I've done countless times before. While drying the car...suddenly the thing beeped and locked...!!! No idea why. Any recommendations for a locksmith in the Columbus, GA area?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
When I was recently buying my GT the very first question I asked the the dealer was, are the manuals and tool kits there and how many key fobs? He replied “damn” all the manuals and kits are there but only one key fob. My reply was, I’ll make an offer but I need two key fobs.

Many of these cars come off lease and end up at auction; keys, manuals, tool kits and spare tires go missing. Whenever I see a thread offering any of these for sale I think, pilfered goods. That said, We buy these cars knowing these things are missing and we may use that to negotiate a better deal.

The question is; Do we spend what it takes to return these beautiful cars to whole or not?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to request that a Moderator please either move this thread to the Quattroporte forum, or consider deleting it...if deemed appropriate.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sounds like Tom Cruise and Mission Impossible were involved.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called Maserati in Atlanta and asked about getting another key fob. The said that they do not cut them there, they say the key is "ordered" using the VIN number. Just the cost of the key fob itself, no blade, no programming....is $500.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I called Maserati in Atlanta and asked about getting another key fob. The said that they do not cut them there, they say the key is "ordered" using the VIN number. Just the cost of the key fob itself, no blade, no programming....is $500.
I bought my GT a couple months back with the requirement that there be two key fobs. While I did not pay for it, the seller said he had the new key overnighted to him for $350 and the local Maserati dealer charged $125 to program it.

I don’t know where he bought the key but you can contact him. He’s an exotic car dealer in Oklahoma City and you own an exotic car so you’re a potential client. His name is Bud and I’m sure he’ll remember the deal.

Bauer Sharper Cars Diminished Value Expert and Car Sales - Bauer Sharper Cars 405-751-5200 Oklahoma City, OK

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I was over keys 2 years ago...Keys have become a freaking mess...All the manufactures have taken that over and your best option is just buy a key from them and have them program it...We get calls weekly about keys that won't program etc. Amazon or Ebay...We no longer do keys....Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts