Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm looking to pick up a cover for my '04 CC since it will be outdoors more often than not (ala no garage or carport at the moment). Any recommendations?

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
This company sells Covercraft products. I bought the Sun shade from them and it's a perfect fit for my QP. If having the Maserati name/logo on your cover (and paying more $$$ for the same thing) doesn't matter, take a look at them.

http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/10A50166.aspx

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bought one from California Car Cover. It fits well and they were pretty helpful but it does seem to get a lot of pollen and dust under it since I have to keep it outside when I'm in Florida

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I bought one from California Car Cover. It fits well and they were pretty helpful but it does seem to get a lot of pollen and dust under it
And therein lies the downside of car covers - you get dust underneath them, & if it gets windy, they just beat the crap out of your paint. Pros & cons, that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Tent Garage

In Canada, Quebec especially, they sell a canvas/vinyl type tent to use as a garage in the winter.

If you have space, that might work for you.
It has 4 sides and offers protection from the elements.

I only use my cover in the garage for long storage periods

But the Dawg is right about having a cover outside - outside...... could be a problem

Google shelter logic $600-700 buys you a garage

WW

·
Registered
229 Posts
And therein lies the downside of car covers - you get dust underneath them, & if it gets windy, they just beat the crap out of your paint. Pros & cons, that's for sure.
Yeah. It can be really bad. I was thinking of getting a different cover but it sounds like they all have the same problem.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So seeing how my car is already 6yrs old and I have NO IDEA what the previous owners did with it, although it is in excellent condition, am I better off just not bothering?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, it sounds like a wonderful idea except that I have no place to put it. Next house I move to I'll have to make sure it has a garage :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts