Maserati Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Over on the Stelvio forum, it was discussed in light of the merger. Maserati is the premium luxury arm, Ferrari is the premium sport arm of. Engine requiremennts are premium and actully quite parallel beyond states of tune. Just makes financial sense to keep Marranello run at optimal capacity.
Alfa continues to go after (and conquer) the mid level sport segment. It also has the most overlap with many of Peugeot's offerings....from what I am told. It also provides the leading edge of frame. Fiat needs reinvention.

This new format has issues. Ate half of that post!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Your points would have made perfect sense in the pre-2015 corporate set up of FCA. However, things changed with the Ferrari spin-off and listing. While an ownership connection remains across FCA (i.e. its owners) and Ferrari, they are now two separate corporate entities. With the merger with the PSA group, the link will probably (inevitably) become even weaker.

Some sort of supplier relationship with Ferrari will of course still be possible, but other alternatives may also emerge. I think much will depend on how the merger will be carried out. I have not seen many details on that so far.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Agreed. We are in a real sweet spot of Maserati existence at present IMHO.
1. QC is probably the best its been in the company's existence. Reliability!!!!
2. The presence of Ferrari powerplants is MY dream come true
3. The choices the company has provided satisfy a wide range of high end customers.
4. The future is tantalizing, but I know I have an end of an era keeper. The pinnacle of my purchasing savvy.

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
978 Posts
Not sure if these are legit but stumbled on these online....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Absolutely. The Alfieri style will be the new GranTurismo. Beautiful modernization whilst keeping the overall stunning silhouette

·
Registered
764 Posts
Beautiful car for sure, i'd get one in the future, if it comes to fruition!

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
978 Posts
I could be wrong but I think a video game had the alfieri in it. I think the photos of orange alfieri is from the video game.
Would be very curious which game....

·
Registered
764 Posts
The Alfieri is very similar to the design of the Roma. I wonder if the plan, is to make the Alfieri, like a nissan to infinity. Same basic designs, but the Infinity has all the bells and whistles, etc.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts