Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
Interesting (and a shame) is that there will be no V8 option for the Alfieri - that's being reserved for the next GranTurismo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is possible that the V8 is simply to heavy for the smaller framed Alfieri. I would rather have a 520+ HP V6, in a smaller car, as opposed to a large v8. Granted, I have no idea what the dimensions are, but it looks somewhat small.

It also gives them room to grow down the road with a supercar version if this model really gains traction. Regardless I am going to hold of on a GT purchase until I find out more information on this one.

If it looks at all like the concept, which it seems like it will be very similar, I think they have a winner. A big winner.

·
Registered
640 Posts
It is possible that the V8 is simply to heavy for the smaller framed Alfieri. I would rather have a 520+ HP V6, in a smaller car, as opposed to a large v8. Granted, I have no idea what the dimensions are, but it looks somewhat small.

It also gives them room to grow down the road with a supercar version if this model really gains traction. Regardless I am going to hold of on a GT purchase until I find out more information on this one.

If it looks at all like the concept, which it seems like it will be very similar, I think they have a winner. A big winner.
Totally agree.
V6s can be very nice (and powerful) engines.
I really hope the Alfieri will be light and sporty.
... and a good basis for a GT3/GT4 racer :)
Maserati needs to get back to the racing track.

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
The sound and feel of a V6 doesn't match that of a V8. I certainly understand why V6s are showing up in Maseratis but it's a sacrifice, imo. Though the Ghibli's V6 is one of the best sounding notes in that category it still pales in comparison to a modern Maserati with 8 pissed off cylinders. And that's one thing which concerns me about the Alfieri (that and its cornball rear end aesthetic).

·
Registered
640 Posts
The sound and feel of a V6 doesn't match that of a V8. I certainly understand why V6s are showing up in Maseratis but it's a sacrifice, imo. Though the Ghibli's V6 is one of the best sounding notes in that category it still pales in comparison to a modern Maserati with 8 pissed off cylinders. And that's one thing which concerns me about the Alfieri (that and its cornball rear end aesthetic).
I like the rear end... I see traces of the rear of the 3200GT, which I think is absolutely stunning :)

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
I see those design cues, too, except that, to *my* eyes anyway, they've gone too far with what could have been an elegant design. Not uncommon for concept cars though. I imagine that the production run will have a back end which is less daring. Maybe that'll be a good thing.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I see those design cues, too, except that, to *my* eyes anyway, they've gone too far with what could have been an elegant design. Not uncommon for concept cars though. I imagine that the production run will have a back end which is less daring. Maybe that'll be a good thing.
Any inside information on when and where the production version will be presented?

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
There are some other members far more connected than me who tend to know these things - let's hope they're generous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Kirkland WA dealership had a page that said the Alfieri would be released at/after the Geneva 2016 show at just above $75,000 but the page was taken down fairly quickly. Oops!

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Kirkland WA dealership had a page that said the Alfieri would be released at/after the Geneva 2016 show at just above $75,000 but the page was taken down fairly quickly. Oops!

Those guys are a bunch of clowns.....perhaps you heard them at the Seattle Auto Show. Jeez! Chrsyler reps trying to sell Maseratis. Shame on Maserati for going down that path in the first place! :surprise:

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
Integrity aside (I don't know them and couldn't comment on that), Kirkland is an official Maserati dealership, not merely a Chrysler rep.

Good to know about the release date. At any rate, I'd be surprised to see the Alfieri for $75k.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wouldn't be that surprised. Particularly if it is built off of the Ghibli platform.

The GT base is not much over 100. The target for this car is below that.

The f-type that they mentioned starts at $65k and the 911 is at $85k. We will see.

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
I wouldn't be that surprised. Particularly if it is built off of the Ghibli platform.

The GT base is not much over 100. The target for this car is below that.

The f-type that they mentioned starts at $65k and the 911 is at $85k. We will see.
$132K is more than slightly over the edge of $100K, but $75K would be $57K less. A big jump. Indeed, maybe that will happen, but it would surprise me based upon what I've read about this model.

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
They have been known to sell in that range if your timing and negotiation skills are good, but MSRP is quite a bit higher.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's exactly what got me.

I had found one for what must have been a terrific deal. Right about the time the alfieri was launched.

I decided to wait and see what happens with this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been watching GT prices for a couple of years and have noticed several ads from different dealers appear at the end of the model year for "new" base GT's at $109K. It may take a few years for the Alfieri to evolve to this state, but it is a reference point.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Alfieri allows classic upmarket migratiom

I've been watching GT prices for a couple of years and have noticed several ads from different dealers appear at the end of the model year for "new" base GT's at $109K. It may take a few years for the Alfieri to evolve to this state, but it is a reference point.
In the same way the Ferrari California did for the 458. The Alfieri comes in and caters to a different market- to bring more into the fold. Then the new Gran Turismo delivers a higher end product consistent with the Maserati values. I saw and sat in the Alfieri in Paris. It is beautiful. But I'll hold judgement until they deliver the product in person.

Scott

1 - 20 of 91 Posts