Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The buyer of my car doesn't care if he get it with the Recaro seats or stocks seats, so I thought I'd offer them up to someone on the list.

Like new set of Recaro SRD's in black leather, manual sliding brackets, drops right into any Maserati coupe/spyder. Allows you to sit about 3" lower (I'm 6'2" and this was a huge improvement), and seat shell is a little thinner so you get more rear leg room. Has shoulder slots so you can use a 4 point harness for track days. Seat is a little wider, but does have more pronounced thigh and shoulder support so it's way more comfortable for long drivers.

Would be willing to do an even trade for a set of black leather (red stitching preferred) seats. Can do it in my driveway in greater Philadelphia area, or you'd be responsible for shipping. PM me for pictures or more details. Needs to happen by end of this month (when the new buyer picks up the car).

·
Registered
18 Posts
GranSport hrness for track days?

After I sent you an e-mail, I decided to join this forum and look up your post. Looks to me like you put in the Recaros because you could not find a harness that worked with the stock seats. I track my '05 about 16 DE days/year and just added Formula Dynamics' springs. Now the car stays put and I don't, but I'd like to find a harness that won't require me to replace the seats or put in a roll bar (it is only DE after all). Any thoughts or suggestions? What are you asking for the Recaro's (in case I give up on finding something else)? Thanks!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed you a response, but basically replacing the stock seats with the Recaro's was sufficient enough to hold me inplace. The seats were replaced primarily for long term driving comfort, the ability to add a harness was just a bonus.

I never did add the harness, although Schroth makes a product that will drop in fairly easy, you might want to contact HMS Motorsports in MA about this as they're the official Schroth dealer and have helped on many special projects (http://www.hmsmotorsport.com).

If you're having trouble staying put, you really should consider a seat replacement. If you want something just for DE events, you could just get a shell and a fixed bracket and use it during y our driving events. You could also look for a more permanent solution, the Recaro Sportsters were a perfect fit for my body, but they do have several other options if you need something different. The harnesses would have been a nice (and easy) addition, just something I never got around to, however the seat kept me in place enough I didn't need the harness.

good luck with your project.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey Ron,
I just realized I have a bid on Ebay for your Fabspeed Exhaust...lol...Love those seats, care to tempt me with a price?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts