Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm, uh oh. I just got notice of a recall for cars from year 02-04 for a fuel line problem. I'm gonna call about it tomorrow. I hope my car doesn't blow up :( So far, the car has been perfect ::knock on wood::.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The letter says:

. . . "Maserati S.p.A., the manufacturer of Maserati automobiles has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2002 through 2004 model year Maserati vehicles.

On certain Maserati vehicles, the fuel lines may not have been manufactured propery by our component supplier. The vehicles possibly affected are as follows:

Model year 2002 through 2004 Spyder and Coupe with Vehicle Identification Numbers from ZAMBC38A320005335 to ZAMBB18A340012117, which have a Vehicle Assembly Number from 6605 to 13298.

As a result of potential deterioration of the rubber section of the fuel hoses, the hoses may become soft and could possibly disconnect from the metal fittings and leak fuel. If the lines leak fuel, a fire could develop in the engine compartment. If this condition was to exist while the customer was driving, it could pose a potential safety risk to the driver as well as other vehicles and potentially result in damage to the vehicle or property and a crash without warning.

The remedy consists of replacing the two existing black metal and rubber fuel lines with new grey nylon fuel lines.

The new lines can be identified by the grey color and are of one piece construction from the fuel tank to the engine compartment."

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just had the recall done at my dealer...excellent and efficient service. I think Maserati and Ferrari are making extra efforts in the reliability area. No problem with the car prior to or after the recall (just took the car on a weekend trip and drove about 350 miles).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Seems odd that I have yet to receive my recall notice.

Everyone else received theirs?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Brad said:
Seems odd that I have yet to receive my recall notice.

Everyone else received theirs?
Got my notice a few weeks ago. The car was in the shop for a day or so - I haven't driven it yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Illinois Spyder said:
Did you buy your Spyder new or used? If used, was the owner change sent in?
We bought used from a 'toy shop'. I don't have any idea if an owner change was sent in - the only contact I've had with Maserati thus far is registering as an owner on the corporate web site.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
You should have received a book with several pages in it for change of address or ownership. I doubt the dealership would have notified Maserati if it was not a Maserati dealership. Before I purchased mine (just two weeks ago) I talked to a Jeff Wilson at Maserati, his number is 973-522-2018. He was able to give me the in service date and what recalls have been done. I found him very helpful.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Illinois Spyder said:
You should have received a book with several pages in it for change of address or ownership. I talked to a Jeff Wilson at Maserati, his number is 973-522-2018.
I found the book and the ownership transfer forms. Thanks! I'll send one in today.

·
Registered
94 Posts
For those of you that haven't received them yet, there was a second recall issued last month for all Maserati's currently produced.
The recall replaces two of the four steering rack bolts, which they have said have become loose over in Europe.
Total time for the recall is 20 minutes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
VT DMC
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing