Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received for 07 QP, but also includes GranTurismo. Ball joint problems that need replaced or tightened VIN- ZAMCE39A550014216 to ZAMFE39A880040470 and GranTurismo VIN ZAMGJ45A380033926 to ZAMGH45F580041470. Check with your dealer to fix if you have above VIN's

·
Registered
905 Posts
I really am confused by their letter...

They sent me the letter, clearly noting my VIN on it. Then they give the range of QP VINs that are affected, and my VIN does not fall in the range. However, they also note that this range correlates to Assembly Number 15140 to 41331 for the QP and my QP does fall in this range. Mine's 29029.

Anyone have a clue on this?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Just called MNA. Mine is affected. Go by the assmebly number, not the VIN. Who knows how they categorize the numbering on these VINs anyhow. It's like a code!

Looks like someone had a bad torque wrench on the assembly line!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was in a couple weeks ago for some other work, and the checked mine. Basically, they just verify that the torque settings are correct. If they aren't (at least according to my dealer), they will put on all new ball joints, and then torque them to the proper specs.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Assembly number is on a small metal, riveted-on tag that is right under the hood on the black plastic coverings, on the right side, above where the radiator sits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts