Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search, but can't seem to locate the post/thread that contains the directions for rebooting the program for the automatic repositioning of the GS/coupe front seats. I was informed by the mechanic at Algar in PA that Maserati had not been able to correct that problem yet and the interim solution was to go through a procedure of pushing and holding certain buttons to "reboot" or "recycle" the computer or program that governs that function. What a pain to have it raining outside and your wife had to lean over and wait for the SLOW return of the seat to normal (she's 5'10") and is soaking wet by the time she can actually get IN the car and be seated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. last I heard from the mechanic (about 4 months ago) there was no solution in sight and his experience was that you had to reboot these every few weeks at a minimum!
Tx again,
Carl

·
Registered
13 Posts
The instructions are in the manual. I can't remember the page number. Key in the off position. Open the door to seat to be programmed. 5 secs to start touching the fore and aft button. Forward for a moment, back for a moment. Repeat three times then the seat cycles on its own and then you are done. At least that is what I remember.

I have had to do it a couple of times. Certainly anytime the battery is disconnected. But sometimes it just won't work so I repeat the process.

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I had to do it once in 18 months/10,000 miles, so it doesn't seem to be a massively recurring issue. I have had my seat not return to position after being tilted to let a rear seat passenger in - many times.

No big deal. I move the seat back. Turn the key. Press the accelerator. And smile.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Seat Stop on its track

I had the same problem, but the solution had nothing to do with "rebooting" the seat memory control unit. If you had to reboot it every 4 month, something else must be going wrong.

In my case, the memory control unit sensed a resistance on the seat track and it's backing off to avoid over heating the motor or overrunning some obstacles). My dealer ended up removing the seat and aligned the seat track so the seat can run smoothly again. And that has successfully fixed the problem, and I haven't had the easy entry system failed on me after that.

I hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts