Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the procedure to perform a hard reboot of the NAV system?

I found the procedure in the forum on how to get to the "SERVICE" area on the NAV to reset the language, diagnostics, etc., but found nothing for an hard system reboot.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
255 Posts
Try switching off power at the battery for a while - but don't assume that one "hard reboot" will produce exactly the results you want with the Italian computer!
One minor irritation I have occassionally experienced is rebooting to find that the radio volume control does not actually move the volume above zero (even although the numbers still change on screen)
Another quirk of switch-on is the CD changer reading "no discs" when it is full (I think this is due to the different "reboot" speeds of cd changer and on-board computer! A "soft reboot" i.e. switching the computer on and off cures this one)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I haven't found out how to hard resent, so please let the forum know if you find out.

barbuckle said:
Try switching off power at the battery for a while - but don't assume that one "hard reboot" will produce exactly the results you want with the Italian computer!
Its a German Blaupunkt unit. In the QP its a TravelPoint DX. You can buy nav CDs for Europe here:
http://www.navshop.com/en/category/maps-software-travelpilot-dx/10/0/0

1 - 3 of 3 Posts