Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of the dramatic depreciation in Coupes and GS after minimal miles, is it reasonable to expect a discount off MSRP for a new GS? And if so, what would be a "good" below MSRP price to show that the dealer was mindful of this? I'm guessing $10K, but perhaps it is more.....
Thanks.

·
Registered
160 Posts
maseratifan said:
And if so, what would be a "good" below MSRP price to show that the dealer was mindful of this? I'm guessing $10K, but perhaps it is more.....
5% is pretty standard

·
Registered
191 Posts
While 5% might be standard, I have heard as much as 20k off, for a new, never-titled, but outgoing MY GS/coupe (i.e. 2006 now or perhaps in a few months).

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
check the threads and you will realize maserati offered a $10k discount towards a GS if you sign up for their track course back in june i believe.

not sure if this is still available.
dealer discounts - really depends on the supply and demand;
but 20k on a MY 2006 GS/coupe is ... unreal at this time of year.

F.Yu, do you mean you have heard of 20k discounts on MY 2006 now? or you heard of 20k discounts for MY 2005 back in fall of 2005?

·
Registered
191 Posts
20k was indeed back in late 2005 off the 2005s. So I think the same is possible, depending on your location and local supply/demand, maybe in a few months as the MY comes to a close and perhaps the new model is getting close to being revealed.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Think 10-16% discount on current dealer inventory, depending on time of year and how sales are going. Of course Mark may have something different to say!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I think factory sponsored discounts on the coupe variants are nearing their end. Considering the factory is nearly finished with production on the Coupe, the new supply will only go down from here on out. This certainly doesn't prevent dealers from discounting the cars themselves, but we will not be discounting new cars. There are still a few incentives out there, with the special leases, as well as a trade of a competing vehicle.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I just received a $10,000 discount coupon in the mail for the purchase of a new Coupe/Spyder/GS...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The deal I just did is about $10K overallowance on my trade and $10K rebate off msrp on the GS ($119K), for an approx $17-20K discount total.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My friend just bought a new Gransport Spyder (sticker 113k) and got $22,500 off. Dealers can not move these cars at all--buyers are waiting for the new model and are turned off by the scary resale values.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Just got one too Rick - I wonder if a modded 86 Targa is considered a "select competitive vehicle" cause the wife and I saw a Blu Nettuno coupe today and she goes "ooooh that's a PRETTY color"

Note: it's only good for 2 door models (cause the QPs are flying out the doors)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
DJ4200GT said:
My friend just bought a new Gransport Spyder (sticker 113k) and got $22,500 off. Dealers can not move these cars at all--buyers are waiting for the new model and are turned off by the scary resale values.
just wondering, what color combination is this GS Spyder?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts