Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rearview mirror came off the other day and took a chunk of glass with it. when the glass was scraped off of the metal octagon shaped piece the mirror post slides into it was scratched and now will not stick back to windshield. i need to find a new smooth metal piece to glue to windshield in order to slide mirror post into. dealership said i had to buy whole new mirror for $450. anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
530 Posts
If a chunk of glass came with it, don't you need to replace the whole windshield? That's what happened to me. First, the rearview came off and I reglued it, but the windshield was cracked where the mirror had attached and shortly thereafter, the mirror came off again taking a chunk of glass with it.

Long story short, dealer replaced whindshield under warranty.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It happened to me too. The mirror came off with chunk of glass. In my case, I glue it back months ago and still have no problem. While waiting for the epoxy to dry, I had to hold the mirror to the windshield for almost an hour. My hands were so tired after that...LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i used apoxy, and it worked for a while but when i got my first 80+ degree day it fell of while driving

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 02 spyder had the same problem..I got the best epoxy I could find and put it back on. you should still be able to use the original medal fastener just clean off the old glue and glass first make sure the windshield is clean. Clean area with a solvent before you epoxy. Mind has been on for over a year. If you still need the medal piece you can go to Pep Boys, I think you could get one there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts