Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if the rear window on you Maser looks something like the pictures below...

...mine does and after looking at them closely came to the conclusion that the lamination on the glass was separating.

I sent these pictures to the dealer via email who immediately sent them to the factory; not five minutes had passed when they replied saying that a brand new rear window would be shipped from Italy ASAP. I went
...that was fast!!!

When I saw that it did not took me long to convince that I needed a replacement I asked why they conceded so easy and they said that it was a common problem on all 04 models... Maserati and Ferrari as well and that the window would be replaced under warranty.

So, if you have the same problem and have not paid any attention to it yet do so and talk to your dealer... getting a new rear window for your car should not be any problem.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yikes, I've never seen delamination that bad, especially on a car so new.

Maserati seems to have some problems with their glass supplier. Mine's in the shop right now getting the windshield replaced after the rearview mirror came off taking a chunk of the glass with it.

The work's being done under warranty and it took a similar short amount of time for Maserati to ok the replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts