Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an '04 Coupe. Would like to add Navigation and Backup Camera. Found a rear view mirror from Audiovox that has 4.5" LCD screen built in, which a rear view camera and Navigation computer can be hooked up to. Custom stereo installer a bit nervous about replacing rear view mirror because it has light sensor built in. Has any one else;

1) Removed rear view mirror with sensor and encounter issues?
2) Used one of these rear view mirror LCD units?

Thx!

·
Registered
518 Posts
My company sells the rearview mirror units we sell very few of the overall as the build quality is not really up to par on a kia let alone in a maserati.

also most of those units do not replace the mirror they simply attach to it...which model from audiovox are you looking at...also the light sensor is for the electrostatic mirror system...if you take out the mirror then the sensor and said mirror will be disconnected so it wont really matter

·
Registered
518 Posts
SAVV has very good build quality on thier headrest units so I would assume that thier mirrors would be much the same...I would recommend staying away from that audiovox unit...I have had it in hand before...touch and feel plus finish is just not going to be what you are going to want in your maserati.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts