Maserati Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
235/40 R18 fronts and 265/35 R18 rear. So the 10mm wider tires you have equate to a higher profile? Also what brand do you have and had did you get to the size you selected?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
235/40 R18 fronts and 265/35 R18 rear. So the 10mm wider tires you have equate to a higher profile? Also what brand do you have and had did you get to the size you selected?
I never liked the way the stock tires looked in the wheel wells. I lowered the car to start with, adjusting the stock coil overs. With that I was concerned about the car being to low. I researched the diameter specs of different tires. The front and back are only 1/4 to 1/2 inch taller. I decided on the Komho 245/40 18ZR for the front. Nitto 285/35 18 rear. I worried about the width being to wide on the front and rear. The little wider tires still fit the rims perfect. If you want to race your car, maybe not a good idea.

·
Registered
167 Posts
So the 10mm wider tires you have equate to a higher profile?
In short - YES. The first number equates to width of tire, the second is height. However, this height is a percentage basis of the tire width. As 40% of 285 is greater than 40% of 265 the 285 tire is taller.

Additionally, it is not an exact science. A 285/40 from one manufacturer may vary significantly in both width and height from another. The only way to check is to do a comparison on the individual tire manufacturers' website.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I did research the spec on the tires I bought. Width and height. The numbers are a little confusing at times.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I did research the spec on the tires I bought. Width and height. The numbers are a little confusing at times.
Agreed - very confusing. I because very familiar with it during my offroad days in trying to compare metric tire sizing vs US tire sizing, but it took a long time to wrap my head around.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts