Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rescued a 2010 GranTurismo from a miserable life and into our loving family. I am excited to wrench on her and learn her ways. So the first thing needing attention that I haven't been able to figure out is the rear LED Position lights on the drivers side only, both the trunk mounted and body mounted taillights, do not work. The other side does. It is driving me nuts. A have not found a fuse with a Position light label so I have not pulled any yet but assume a fuse would not be that specific Maybe R19 or F53? I took out the trunk mounted light and all seems well but there is no access to the LEDs themselves. Any ideas? I found nothing on the forum, which surprised me. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got into it recently. Pulled off the boot lid cover, unhooked the LED in the boot, unseated the rubber wire cover between the body and the boot and proceeded to pull on each wire to see if any were broken. Nothing. So I made sure everything was tight into the plugs. Then I pulled out the trunk covers, exposed the plug to the body taillight and made sure everything was tight there too. At that point I decided to start it up and see if I could use the multimeter to see what, if anything, was getting juice. Upon start up, the lights worked......then didn't. Tapped on the taillight on the body, and they came back on. So it obviously is something in that light. I taped the wires down that go into the plug and it seems to be holding fine. I expect the plug may need replacing if it happens again if it isn't a problem with the actual taillight. The act of pulling on the wires and messing with everything obviously helped reestablish the connection.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts