Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all....this is my first post and a new owner of a beautiful 2007 Quattroporte!!!!
I've been reading about the problems with the window regulator clips which is probably what I'm dealing with as the window seems to have come detached from the regulator. The problem I'm having is removing the door panel which seems a little different from the front panel of which there are some very helpful posts.
This is the driver's rear. Polhovsky described it perfectly in a post in 2009 but no answers were posted.

"I have taken door panels off before, so this wasn't a first. However, located all the bolts except one??? Found the hidden bolts behind the wood trim, plus the one behind the reflector cover. Removed the bolt behind the actual door handle. Removed panel on the edges (plastic clips). However SOMETHING is still holding the door panel around the area where the door handle pull is. Carefully prying the panel, if I shine a light down there it appears that there is one last bold holding the panel on.. BUT WHERE IS IT?? (FYI.. I removed the bolt directly behind the door opener.). Unless there is some sort of catch or clip that I must disengage around the handle pull. I spent 2 hours trying to see if I could find the hidden screw, no luck.. DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA TO HELP??

·
Registered
905 Posts
You've got to remove the inward half of the handle area itself (and by inward I the part towards the center of the car that you see with your eyes from the passenger compartment). There is a seem around the leather area and you get a plastic pry tool in and YANK it off- straight out perpendicular to the door panel. The screw is under that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jason. Got it apart...damn those clips are tight!!
Found that the cable had come off one of the rollers but then got chewed
up inside the motor spool and destroyed the drum. The good news is that now I'll
have spare plastic clips to attach the cable to the track which I understand is
usually the problem.... the bad news is I have to find a complete regulator. I have
to admit that I was confident that if it was that plastic clip that I could have machined
something. Any suggestions as to the best place to get regulators???
Thanks again!

·
Registered
27 Posts
In the same situation

Just got the tie-rod recall taken care of at the dealer last week when this problem popped up this evening. And my TPMS sensors went bad as well.

My rear passenger window doesn't move and is stuck 1/2 way. I can move it all the way down physically but can't close all the way up. I do hear the motor whirring as well. At the first try, I did hear crumbling sounds. Does this have to be done by the dealership or can an indie handle this? I just wished I had the time to do this myself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the same issue that just started. Window will go down but will not go up. I too hope it’s sometbing that came off. I’ll follow these removal suggestions. It if i can’t see anything turning when i remove the panel, you guys are saying i need to replace the window motor?

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
I have the same issue that just started. Window will go down but will not go up. I too hope it’s sometbing that came off. I’ll follow these removal suggestions. It if i can’t see anything turning when i remove the panel, you guys are saying i need to replace the window motor?
It is typically the regulator that fails.

There are clips that hold the cable ends tightly connected to the sliders that glide the window up and down on the track. When those plastic clips break (from age) the cable snaps back and becomes unwound from the spool that connects to the motor. Once that gets tangled, it easily damages other plastic parts, or even the cable itself, requiring an entire regulator replacement.

Pulling the door panel off and inspecting the regulator is the only way to tell. I wouldn't move anything in the window area until you have had a chance to inspect it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts