Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was replacing my pads today with EBC red stuff (sorry Jeff but you didn't have front pads for the QP!) but I noticed that the installed rear pads are larger then what I received from EBC (part number on EBC pads is correct and matches what others on the forum have used.)

Does the 2005 QP sport use a different sized rear capiler than the normal QP? I know that the rotors are a little different.

Has anyone been able to source aftermarket rotors for our cars?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help Vik.

I wasn't clear with my question.

I was wondering if the 2005 QP had different calipers for the sport vs normal package (ie same model year for each)

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts
We now have front pads for the QP and are finishing the rear pads soon. If you can wait a bit we'll have something for you shortly.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yanked the rear pads today and found the original Textar OEM number. Crossed referenced it back to EBC and the correct rear pads for a 2005 QP Sport appear to be DP31395 (Red stuff).

The EBC catalog says the correct pads are DP3612C but they don't fit my car.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you get the right pads? I may have a vender that has the right pads let me know.....If i can help
Yes I did. I found the EBC cross for the Mercedes ML series which use the same rear pads. They fit fine.

Still waiting for Jeff to make some 13" cross drilled rotors for me!

I just did a pad slam since I didn't know what the min thickness is for the rotors. I had a little bit of squeal but I put some Copper paste on the backs of the pads and they were fine.

I have a set of new DP3612 (EBC red stuff) if anyone is interested.

$70.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.