Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the front brake pads of my 2019 Granturismo. But even after I have switched off the EPB, the rear rotor can not be turned. I am reluctant to pull the pads . How can I rotate the rotor. I could rotate the front rotor..

Thanks
Nash

·
Registered
144 Posts
Assuming the brake is not stuck to the wheel or seized, you cannot rotate the rear wheels because they are your drive wheels. To rotate your rotor, you would have to lift the wheels off the ground and select neutral. However, you should have the whole vehicle off the ground and or choc the wheels properly, since the vehicle is able to roll. I am not sure why you would need to rotate them and if you don't absolutely have to, why bother.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, You are correct. When you switch off the engine the transmission goes to the 1st gear. Also this is a rear wheel drive.
I should be able to remove the pads just like in the front. Will try this weekend

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought a 2015 Quattroportte with 22,000 miles and took to a dealer for the traction control light coming on and they informed me we needed new front brakes at $1360.00 Does this even sound close to being right, would we assume that cost is rotors and pads and do we really need brakes at 22k miles?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts