Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car doesn’t have this...and lots of units are appearing on eBay....does anyone know if this is a plug and play part? I.e could I buy it and plug it into the wiring loom for a retrofit?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Nope and no. I believe the wiring is absent and it's not programmed for it. Besides, it's basically just a remote control for the front, not a new zone.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car doesn’t have this...and lots of units are appearing on eBay....does anyone know if this is a plug and play part? I.e could I buy it and plug it into the wiring loom for a retrofit?
never kate reply, but my Quattroporte was the same, i purchased a rear unit but try as i might i could find my available plug in the transmission tunnel fir this application.
Since then i have often enquired with many sellers/ Dismantlers as to whether they might have the wiring loom that includes the circuitry fir the rear air con control.. but clear answersp came from this.. ( looks nice though sitting there..

·
Registered
95 Alfa 164 ls, 07 Quattroporte exec. 07 Santa Fe.
389 Posts
I have this control and it does not work. I discovered when installing my new stereo that the solenoid controlling air to the back does not switch from back to front flow so that is probably the issue. If your vents work from the front, don't bother with it as it just gives passengers too many buttons to play with.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have this control and it does not work. I discovered when installing my new stereo that the solenoid controlling air to the back does not switch from back to front flow so that is probably the issue. If your vents work from the front, don't bother with it as it just gives passengers too many buttons to play with.
As stated above, it's just a remote control for the front unit, nothing more. Besides that, it's always been a complaint about the small volume of air that comes out of the rear vents.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
As stated above, it's just a remote control for the front unit, nothing more. Besides that, it's always been a complaint about the small volume of air that comes out of the rear vents.

hey i think you are bang on right..
i also broke my neck and the bank to replace my no head front seats for the comfort pack seats which give heat ventilation and massage, and unbelievably they plug straight in and worked.
these new seats also have the little picnic tables but after all the wok.. so what just a bunch more controls to fiddle with..
i’m a bit soft in this way !, Ha Ha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts