Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 2006 GS I was looking at a bunch of different cars all 450 hp and above. However I feel in love with the look and "exclusivity" of the GS. My sales guy said that the actual HP was more like 430-440 @ engine, not the published 400hp. Also I have seen 0-60 times in publications ranging from 4.5-4.9 . What is going on. Sales guy said they did that because they didn't want to downplay the 360 modena. How much if any of this is true?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Seems plausible to me. Your earlier dyno result 348 whp means your unmodified GS was probably > 430 bhp.

·
Registered
278 Posts
several european car magazines put measured hp/torque dino curves in their full reviews. I don't remember seeing anything significantly above spec measured (and that with 98 gasoline in Europe). I'll dig the reviews up again and if I was wrong I'll repost. (EDIT Just attached the GIF of 1 of the reviews). Measured 0-100 times are also always slower than manufacturer specs. But in Maserati's case it was reasonable (0,3sec I believe) EDIT QP 0-100 measured 5,7sec (5,4sec official spec).......Finally the chip tuners only get 425-440hp at best so it seems hard to believe that out-of-factory the engine makes 440hp.... However what is true is that the manual or cambiocorsa has less transmission losses than an automatic so maybe it would compare well to an 440hp automatic car....

I did see several specs f.e. 400Hp @ 7.000 rpm; 400hp @ 7.250rpm etc.....are there differences in US/European specs?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts