Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a Maserati at Rayco Eurospec Motocars in Kingston, PA. Anyone have any experience with this dealership? Opinions? Good or bad?

I read a few posts on Ferrarichat, one that was negative but nothing in over year.

Anyone have recommendations on a place to do a PPI in or around Kingston, PA?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I purchased my 05 cambio coupe from Rayco the only problem I found with the vehicle was that the front tires were extremely worn and I had them replaced at Evans automotive in Ohio (drove the car home from kingston pa) when I returned home I notified Jesse (my salesman at rayco) of the issue and they promptly cut me a check and mailed it out to cover the tires. Great group to deal with.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased my 05 cambio coupe from Rayco the only problem I found with the vehicle was that the front tires were extremely worn and I had them replaced at Evans automotive in Ohio (drove the car home from kingston pa) when I returned home I notified Jesse (my salesman at rayco) of the issue and they promptly cut me a check and mailed it out to cover the tires. Great group to deal with.
Thanks for the feedback!!! Sounds like it was a generally positive experience.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Which car are you looking at? If it's the Bordeaux '06 GranSport, I'd be very cautious. I had a generally negative experience with them--the salesman didn't know anything about the car, he lied about work that needed to be done (clutch was shot), and they were generally unwilling to negotiate with a serious buyer. Beware.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which car are you looking at? If it's the Bordeaux '06 GranSport, I'd be very cautious. I had a generally negative experience with them--the salesman didn't know anything about the car, he lied about work that needed to be done (clutch was shot), and they were generally unwilling to negotiate with a serious buyer. Beware.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking at the 05 Nero Carbonio.

How did you know the clutch was shot? That is my biggest concern as well and one of the reasons to buy from a Maser dealer. I was hoping to get a Maserati dealer to do a PPI and they have the tools to measure the clutch wear percentage via the OBDII port but the closest dealer is Algar which is a ways away.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had to put the accelerator all of the way to the floor just to get it moving from a stop. Just have the car thoroughly checked out by someone who knows what they're doing before you make a decision.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Another very negative opinion here. I think I know that car also and it's been sitting there outside for about a year (or more). They are dishonest. I was also a serious buyer and they refused to negotiate - no real issue, they are entitled.

I drove over 2 hours to look at the car with certified check in hand. The car looked fine in the showroom. Took it out for a drive and the wheels locked up and the MSP kept going off. It went away and the dealer said that had never happened before and they would look into it. We got back to the shop and put the car in the sun. And then all of a sudden, there it was. The passenger door and partial rear quarter panel had been very obviously repainted. I said "am I seeing things or is that a definite and poor repaint ?" The salesman said "wow, I can't argue with you but we just never noticed it before." B___L S___T was all over his face.

They could have at least been honest instead of wasting my entire day - yes, they knew I was taking a long drive. They offered $1000 off and to repaint again !

Buyer Beware.

Also, they have a very nice shop that they advertise as a Bosch Authorized and give the impression that they do great work. IMHO, they are very very good detailers but I saw little in the way of actual mechanical work, just good interior/exterior detailing going on.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I drove from NYC to test drive their piece of crap. That bordeaux GS had some serious problems--it would jerk the steering wheel HARD to the left every time I shifted under acceleration. It almost pulled me into the center dividing wall! I would even say that thing was dangerous. A minor point, but they also advertised the car as having the upgraded stereo system, but it didn't. They are very dishonest. I would steer clear.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm. Okay. These replies are definitely causing me to have second thoughts about this car. The 05 that they have now has been at their dealership since April so it's not been there for a year but, it sounds like the cars that they have are bit of a hit and miss.

I definitely prefer getting my GS local but there aren't many choices in my price range in California. I'll probably keep looking.

Thanks for the feedback!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hmmm. Okay. These replies are definitely causing me to have second thoughts about this car. The 05 that they have now has been at their dealership since April so it's not been there for a year but, it sounds like the cars that they have are bit of a hit and miss.

I definitely prefer getting my GS local but there aren't many choices in my price range in California. I'll probably keep looking.

I think that you have to be really careful comparing prices on cars. Even while a car is under warranty, basic wear items like the clutch, brake pad and rotors, and tires can easily set you back up to $10K if they need to be replaced. Add in a missed 18/30K maintenance and it can more than make up for any price difference on two otherwise equal cars.

A good PPI is usually money well spent.

·
Registered
695 Posts

Paunch,

If you are looking out of state, check with Maserati of Minneapolis. Otherwise, Carsdotcom are showing 5 GS locally. Check all the local dealers - Maser of OC has a nice Blanco Fuiji, but may be out of your price range. I would hope with five or six local factory dealer locations, something would pop up. Jim Lyons at sportscarcompanydotcom in La Jolla is supposed to be stand-up (according to Ferrarichat) although I only see a couple of coupes at the moment.

Be patient. I suspect that as more GranTurismos deliver, more GranSports will be availabe from trade-ins.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Paunch,

If you are looking out of state, check with Maserati of Minneapolis. Otherwise, Carsdotcom are showing 5 GS locally. Check all the local dealers - Maser of OC has a nice Blanco Fuiji, but may be out of your price range. I would hope with five or six local factory dealer locations, something would pop up. Jim Lyons at sportscarcompanydotcom in La Jolla is supposed to be stand-up (according to Ferrarichat) although I only see a couple of coupes at the moment.

Be patient. I suspect that as more GranTurismos deliver, more GranSports will be availabe from trade-ins.
I definitely have Maserati of Minneapolis on my list. I particularly like the 06 Grigio that they have but Nero Carbonio is my first choice. I definitely prefer to buy locally and there are several advertised but a lot of those ads on cars.com and autotrader are out of date. I looked at the Bianco Fuji at OC Maser and it is very nice but that one is definitely out of my budget (asking ~$78K).

I'm going to remain patient and wait for the exact car that I'm looking for, hopefully close enough that I can see and drive the car before purchasing.

Thanks again for all of the valuable feedback.

Cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts