Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am new to the forum, but see how informative all of you guys are with cars. Just wondering something: I have an 08 QP in NYC and when it's cold (and lately it's been cold a lot), I hear a ticking or rattling noise. It seems to be coming from the center, front windshield area...possible where the plastic vent hits the windshield. Anyone have a similar problem? Or better yet, a solution.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had exactly the same issue. Of course, the dealer could not duplicate it. So, I'll watch for replies. Maybe some w-d40 carefully applied?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi guys. I am new to the forum, but see how informative all of you guys are with cars. Just wondering something: I have an 08 QP in NYC and when it's cold (and lately it's been cold a lot), I hear a ticking or rattling noise. It seems to be coming from the center, front windshield area...possible where the plastic vent hits the windshield. Anyone have a similar problem? Or better yet, a solution.

Any help would be great! Thanks.
Squeaks and rattles are something that your dealer should cover under warranty. If they say they can not reproduce then you go for a drive with the technician and you reproduce it. I hate fixing squeaks and rattles but if it was my car I would want them fixed. Nothing is more annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got that one resolved. It was the black piece that runs parallel to the windshield and a loose bolt (2 1/2 turns) on a cross brace inside the dash. They caused the dash to squeak everythime I hit a bump or put any type of lateral stress load on the car. It took two trips to Ferrari of Atlanta but they fixed it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a ticking type noise when I drive...usually over bumps. I see a felt piece that runs parallel to the windshield. I am going to try wedging some more felt in their to see if it fixes the problem. And yes, it gets really annoying, especially considering it's a brand new car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Be careful with the felt. I had a local guy try to tame it before I drove to Atlanta. They put a bunch of felt on the inside of the black piece but they also broke a couple of the clips that hold it in place. Fortunatley FOA fixed it all. The car is perfect now but it eas driving me crazy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the warning m3mike...do you know if it's possible to get to that bolt myself, or would i have to bring it to the dealer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
With my car car the way they described it was that there is a brace behind the dash, and one of the bolts was not tight. You don't have to add a bolt, it just may be loose. In my case it was a full 2 1/2 turns loose so the brace did not keep the dash from shifting around. It was all taken care of under warranty and now the car is perfect.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am having the same issue with 600 miles on the car A ticking around the windshield where the dash meets the firewall.

I am bringing it in on Tuesday. I hate having the dash taken apart. Is there an easier fix?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is there a bulletin on this "tick" noise? The dealer had my car for 2 weeks, didn't fix it and they swear they have never heard about this issue. They hear the noise but say it can be anything.

For a car with only 800 miles on it.... I would not have expected these noises.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I had a similar issue on my 06 QP. Took it to the dealer, covered under warranty... but the part took 5 weeks to come in from italy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Do you know what the part was?

I am trying to help the dealer diagnose the issue. They have mentioned they have windshields not properly adhered to the body but they are just digging.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I don't know the exact parts involved, and it may be a different problem than yours, the ticking sound was just behind/under the rear of the instrument panel area in my case. But the fix involved at least 2 parts and a complete rebuild of the instrument panel. Looks like my fiance threw out the records i brought back from the shop. :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts