Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Jeff too if you are listening. I have noted that when driving slow like out of my subdivision I hear a "squeak" or body noise...now the car drives great, no pulling or any problem noted, but I do not recall this BEFORE the sway bar change; is it possible b/c it is more stiff now? thanks, dogdoc:confused:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I think someone else mentioned that before.

Also, aside from the squeaking from the suspension, someone mentioned that the stiffer suspension could make some of the interior finishing bits to get loose and/or squeakier, and I think it's happening in my car...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I feel better now!

Hell, I still luv the mods; what a beast now; guy tried to run me in his Audi A S4? What is in that thing? We were coming out of a toll booth here in Atlanta...he took off BUT I got him from 2nd to third, that;s where the ECU and DBW really kick in! ; he looked surprised, so was his girlfriend,lol dogdoc:)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That's the hard part of having an exotic sports car, you are "supposed" to kick everybody else's ass, and if you don't, it's embarrasing! So it's a win win situation for the Audi, BMW and etc challenging you. But you did good.:cool:

So far I've been lucky, it seems like some cars can keep up with me until a "certain speed", but after that they disappear in my rear view mirror.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I think it was me mentioning squeeks. I hear them once every 20 times I get the car, feels like a sound coming from the suspensions but goes away after driving for a few minutes.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sway bar connectors

I had the same issue exactly - rattling/ clunking at low speeds. It was a broken sway bar connector link (a short threaded rod the connects the bars to the chassis). My mechanic said that these only last about 20K to begin with and the wear is accelerated by the increased stress from a bigger bar. They are not expensive (about $150) but you need to replace them in pairs. Don't drive the car hard in the meantime.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I had the same issue exactly - rattling/ clunking at low speeds. It was a broken sway bar connector link (a short threaded rod the connects the bars to the chassis).
I've had the same issue twice on my bimmer. An easy fix but, as you say, no hard cornering until it's replaced.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Forgot to mention - If it is a squeek only with no rattle then it is probably not enough grease on the bushings. I had that problem too. The best solution seems to be grease both the bar and the backside of the bushing between the bracket.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So which problem is it?lol

So we really don't now know if it due to the new sway bars or there was a problem with the connector rod/bushing grease before the new ones were installed.....more $$$$, dogdoc;)

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts
It's true that you really want to use a lot of grease and work it into the parts well before installation. We provide plenty of it with the kit so that you don't run out. The car will be stiffer with the kit and you may hear a bit more squeaking. However I have not heard this complaint with newer car owners yet. Perhaps your chassis may need a lubrication if it hasn't had one yet. It's part of the recommended service for the car and you're probably just starting to hear it surface.

I didn't realize they charged $150 for the set of end links. Perhaps we'll produce those as well. I though about producing a better link with the kit but the stock parts seemed to work just fine.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My car is at shop now......waiting on call

Left the car yesterday, Deter, yes, not Peter at Franz Blam Racing recalled the grease being sent with the bars; he thinks that is all it is but we will wait to see. Franz himself was in Austria skiing according to his son Thomas who manages the Flying Lizard race team; his dad is 73 he tells me and is still active obviuosly, hope I am at 73..........dogdoc:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts