Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Maserati Quattroporte
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 maserati quattroporte that was lowered on the stock suspension by the previous owner and i think its causing a suspension light on the dashboard and its kind of annoying. How do i raise the suspension back to normal ride height? i believe this car has a skyhook suspension based on other forums ive read but i dont know for sure. Also what is the normal ride height for this car and how do i measure to see that ive adjusted it to the right height once i figure out how to adjust it?
Thanks,
Edward

5,121 Posts
The ride height isn't gonna make a suspension fault..There is a fault in the Skyhook system...If you have a suspension fault then you have Skyhook... Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ride height isn't gonna make a suspension fault..There is a fault in the Skyhook system...If you have a suspension fault then you have Skyhook... Jason
oh great thats alot probably going to be alot worse than i hoped for. Its funny cuz when my dad and i took it to the maserati dealer they couldn't make the light go away or fix the issue because the car was lowered. or at least thats what they said i dont know. i hope to get a code reader sometime soon so i can read codes and fix them instead of having the screen beep at me constantly

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Get hold of a reader that can read Maserati codes for a start. It could be as simple as a sensor but it can give you a clue as to which wheel is the problem.

·
Registered
781 Posts
What's the light and what is it doing?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
781 Posts
im not at home right now ill have to go look again but ill try to remember to go look and find out
I ask because the behaviors of what it does can tell you something about what's wrong.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
im looking at getting a foxwell nt510
I used that reader to find my suspension fault. It identified the right front sensor as the origin. That along with my indi saying there’s nothing wrong with the shock led me to replace the sensor ($150)...end of problems.

Reactions: Stephen Ford

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ask because the behaviors of what it does can tell you something about what's wrong.

sometimes the light for suspension errors is on and sometimes it doesnt show at all. im assuming its probably a sensor

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used that reader to find my suspension fault. It identified the right front sensor as the origin. That along with my indi saying there’s nothing wrong with the shock led me to replace the sensor ($150)...end of problems.
alright it seems like that reader is a good choice so ill look into getting one asap. also do you by any chance know where you got the sensor from, i only see them used on ebay for 50 bucks + shipping and a sensor for a car like a maserati is not something i think would be safe to get used.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm going to say it's the ECU

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going to say it's the ECU

alright ill look into that thank you. i just went back to my workshop and i got the actual message and it says suspension control arm failure. i dont know if that still means it could be the ecu or not

5,121 Posts
What does that mean? Is that the fault code? Control arm failure is not a suspension fault code...Jason

Reactions: TWINTRBO

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
alright it seems like that reader is a good choice so ill look into getting one asap. also do you by any chance know where you got the sensor from, i only see them used on ebay for 50 bucks + shipping and a sensor for a car like a maserati is not something i think would be safe to get used.
Formula Dynamics, you’ll need to know which corner.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts