Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all. I just got a 2004 coupe last week. It's in near perfect shape inside and out with only 5,100 miles and I love it overall.
The only weird thing is with the radio. I got it tuned to several stations, and when i push the button for a station, it goes to the station like it should, BUT THEN the signal cuts out for about 3-5 seconds once every 30 - 60 seconds. It is not scanning or searching to different stations, because it always comes back on to the one I selected, but just cuts out and back in. Any ideas what's wrong with it or maybe (I wish) something I did wrong myself? Thanks...

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't have my manual here, but as I recall, there is a feature on the radio (that can be shut off) that tells it to go out and look for a stronger signal from the same station. I've never really heard of this in the US - perhaps its a european thing? - but I think that's what it is doing when the radio cuts out. Mine was doing the same thing.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think that if you scroll through the audio menu you will see a button that says local/distant, or something like that. Change whichever one it is on, that did the trick for me.

Eric

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, I think I fixed it. I did go through the various menus and changed a couple settings and I THINK it is now fixed. I THINK the change that fixed it was similar to what you both mentioned but was actually when I turned off the "TA" (Traffic Announcement) function. The manual says some warning stuff in red regarding weird things happening when "TA" is turned on but the station tuned in to is NOT enabled to provide traffic information.

I may have also changed the settings for low vs high signal intensity and for seeking alternative frequencies, but I BELIEVE the "TA" thing is what was messing it up.

Thanks A LOT for the advice and hints! That led me right to the pages that cover that stuff. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts