Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first Maserati ! (a 2005 GranSport). On its maiden voyage home from the dealer, I fiddled with the radio for an hour and a half only to find out its locked out with a security code. The bad news is the code did not come with the car. Does anyone know if this is something that can be reset at the dealer? I can't drive without my tunes!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I took the advice of PARADON on the other thread and went to www.radio-code.co.uk . I paid my 8 quid and had my new code INSTANTLY. I still had to wait 45 minutes to enter it in to the radio but once I did it worked fine. THANKS for the tips! This forum was certainly worth joining!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
radio code and car code card

I had a look at the site but couldnt find Maserati. Did you have to take your stereo out to get the serial number?
I dont have a code card for my car. Is there a similar site to get the vehicle code card number?

I understand that the Maserati 4200 coupe came with 2 code cards

1. radio code card

2. Vehicle code card

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am in UK.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
007, No it does not list Maserati but I have a Becker Online Pro 7800 in my car. You can find it under Becker. Yes, I did have to take the radio out to get the model# and Serial Number. I have a GranSport so it was actually quite easy. I just removed the four screws on the START button plate, and that exposed two more screws that let me take out the radio and AC control panel. The whole process took about 5 minutes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More Radio Problems

OK, so I got past the first hurdle with the radio by getting the new Security Code. I punched it in, it unlocked, and everything APPEARED to be working fine. There is one big problem though....NO AUDIO.

I reset the unit several times, checked all the connections, and even pulled the unit out and bench tested it. There is absolutely no audio output from any of the speaker connections.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Will Maserati cover this under the warranty? I have a Becker Online Pro 7800.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts