Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While trying to figure out the radio in my 05 Spyder (Becker/Infotainment) I found a couple of issues I hope the group at large has already seen/addressed.

1. The Internal CD player (behind the face plate) does not seem to like MP3 CD's. Is there a special 'trick' or formating required to make the radio see/play these CD's?

2. The MMC card slot, same sort of issue. I've tried a 4GB and 8GB card and neither seem to be readable (MP3 in the root) says no card found.

3. The CD jukebox in the trunk, slide open the door and press down on a small gray tab. It 'chunks' about for a few minutes but the magazine never ejects. Or could it be that the magazine is missing?

4. And finally the SIM card location? anyone know where this is? the manual is rather vague in this regard, and the online docs refer to an external module.

Keep in mind I've had this car for less than a month, and with the weather turning nasty haven't had a lot of seat time in it yet.

Thanks everyone for their help in advance.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
While trying to figure out the radio in my 05 Spyder (Becker/Infotainment) I found a couple of issues I hope the group at large has already seen/addressed.

1. The Internal CD player (behind the face plate) does not seem to like MP3 CD's. Is there a special 'trick' or formating required to make the radio see/play these CD's?

2. The MMC card slot, same sort of issue. I've tried a 4GB and 8GB card and neither seem to be readable (MP3 in the root) says no card found.

3. The CD jukebox in the trunk, slide open the door and press down on a small gray tab. It 'chunks' about for a few minutes but the magazine never ejects. Or could it be that the magazine is missing?

4. And finally the SIM card location? anyone know where this is? the manual is rather vague in this regard, and the online docs refer to an external module.

Keep in mind I've had this car for less than a month, and with the weather turning nasty haven't had a lot of seat time in it yet.

Thanks everyone for their help in advance.
Hmmm '05 Spyder would NOT be a Becker anything.... It would be a Magnetti Marelli NIT (aka POS)... The "CD" player in the arm rest can play a CD but it's main use is for the AWESOME navigation system :) The slot in the armrest is for a SIM card... Totally useless in the US since there is no cell phone option. I use the slot to hold folded up girls' phone numbers

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Hmmm '05 Spyder would NOT be a Becker anything.... It would be a Magnetti Marelli NIT (aka POS)... The "CD" player in the arm rest can play a CD but it's main use is for the AWESOME navigation system :) The slot in the armrest is for a SIM card... Totally useless in the US since there is no cell phone option. I use the slot to hold folded up girls' phone numbers
You can fit folded up girls in that little slot? Amazing

·
5,887 Posts

·
Super Moderator
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to Vincenzo that thread help alot.

And yes, this is an anniversary edition, sorry should have mentioned that.

My issue with the trunk CD changer seems to be with it being a POS as i was able to get the cartridge out once, however I foolishly put it back in and it wont come back out and will not play the CD that I added.
As for the phone not working in the US. when I tried the 'emergency' list a 911 and 112 entry came up. I tried the 112 and it rang so it must be connecting to something. But the phone option was more of a curiosity anyway.

As for the Awesome nav system, I did break the seal on the CD's and got that to work, i guess it would do in a pinch, but not what i would call anything special.

And gave up on the CD's now that I have 2GB MMC's working.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Top two upgrades on Italian cars: A/V system and Exhaust. Not because people are show offs...because they're crapola.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts